Fauxdegla.......

Nicky T

Just spotted this on the CPSA website:

Fauxdegla Premier Shooting Ground

"As most people are aware, Llandegla Shooting Gound has been around since the seventies and boasts some of the nicest scenery in the country, as well as offering ALL disciplines to cater for every shooter’s requirements. Unfortunately over the years some parts of the ground and disciplines have suffered, and of late it has looked tired and needs to be brought back to life. It does, however, boast a beautiful log cabin with log burning fire which was built within the last few years by the prior owner, able to cater for individuals or

corporate parties, seating up to 50 people.

New owner MIKE FAUX has set himself a challenge to bring the ground back to INTERNATIONAL STANDARD. He believes that the ground should cater more for the trap shooter, as it was predominantly built for that propose in mind, although English sporting, Fitasc and compact sporting will be on the agenda with the help of Ben Husthwaite, World English Sporting Champion, World Compact Champion and World Fitasc Runner-up.

Mike informs that he will be doing some refurbishments over the next few months, which will include cleaning up the ground, painting all the trap houses, recoating the entire shooting cabin and repainting the floors, introducing other disciplines, new acoustics in the trap houses and regular registered competitions for most disciplines; along with corporate services and one to one instruction."

Just spotted this on the CPSA website:

Fauxdegla Premier Shooting Ground

"As most people are aware, Llandegla Shooting Gound has been around since the seventies and boasts some of the nicest scenery in the country, as well as offering ALL disciplines to cater for every shooter’s requirements. Unfortunately over the years some parts of the ground and disciplines have suffered, and of late it has looked tired and needs to be brought back to life. It does, however, boast a beautiful log cabin with log burning fire which was built within the last few years by the prior owner, able to cater for individuals or

corporate parties, seating up to 50 people.

New owner MIKE FAUX has set himself a challenge to bring the ground back to INTERNATIONAL STANDARD. He believes that the ground should cater more for the trap shooter, as it was predominantly built for that propose in mind, although English sporting, Fitasc and compact sporting will be on the agenda with the help of Ben Husthwaite, World English Sporting Champion, World Compact Champion and World Fitasc Runner-up.

Mike informs that he will be doing some refurbishments over the next few months, which will include cleaning up the ground, painting all the trap houses, recoating the entire shooting cabin and repainting the floors, introducing other disciplines, new acoustics in the trap houses and regular registered competitions for most disciplines; along with corporate services and one to one instruction."

Wouldn't have anything to do with a certain pan ball gun hey Nick :look:

Anyone else audibly cringe when they read the name "Fauxdegla"? :sneaky2:

An extraordinary choice of name. Don't know what he was thinking of.

I think some of the people close to him should tell him what he needs to hear, rather than what he wants to hear. :look:

I will be sending Mr Faux my dentist bill, as I have worn all the enamel off my teeth, wincing and cringing at this today! If anybody on here happens to be friends with him, please give him a slap - for his own good! Lifetime in his own Legend, Beckingham Palace-tastic! :look:

I wish him every success with the business though and hope he does well :sneaky2:

i didnt believe it at first till i heard it from the horses mouth. his ground his choice i suppose. doesn't sound right though.

mike is staying on for the moment but not sure how long for. it will need someone their all the time though so who knows. hope so,

neither can I, always thought his second name was merrington ;)

Mike Merrington is the Manager at Llandegla (sorry Fauxdegla ???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:)

He's the one that Beretta is saying is staying on as Manager for time being at least.

Mike Faux is the new owner. He's a nice enough bloke, he just has a different taste in names to me :hmm:

You'd recognise him if you saw him Cat, he gets about a bit ???

Both me and Mr Potter know Mike Faux and have shot with him on a few occassions, a very successful business man, Probably goes through more shells in a month than most of us do in a year!!

I reckon he will make a very good go of it a Fauxdegla, and I am looking forward to getting to one of his shoots up there!!

Both me and Mr Potter know Mike Faux and have shot with him on a few occassions, a very successful business man, Probably goes through more shells in a month than most of us do in a year!!

I reckon he will make a very good go of it a Fauxdegla, and I am looking forward to getting to one of his shoots up there!!

You're not wrong about the amount of cartridges he shoots; i think that Eley actually make him his own "Faux Enterprises" (or something like that) cartridge too :hmm:

He certainly seems to be intent on making a good go of things so best of luck to him ;)

You're not wrong about the amount of cartridges he shoots; i think that Eley actually make him his own "Faux Enterprises" (or something like that) cartridge too :hmm:

He certainly seems to be intent on making a good go of things so best of luck to him ;)

Yes, I think if anybody could make a success of it, he could. He strikes me as being the sort of bloke who gets things done.

Interesting times ???

Yeah I think he will Chard, Will be interesting to see anyway!!

I am hoping some good ESP and fitasc shoots coming up anyway!!

Yes, let's hope. He seems to be concentrating on trap, and this comment makes me wonder which disciplines he's leaving out :

"regular registered competitions for most disciplines"

I wouldn't have thought he'd leave out ESP, though the registered ESP competitions held since February haven't exactly been a resounding success ;)