Who's an idiot.......... Me!!

Stretch

Just thought i'd share this with you too either make you cringe or giggle.

Out on the pigeons last night with my semi auto, emptied the gun on 3 birds passing over then noticed more coming right behind them, so rushing to get more carts in the gun, placed the first cartridge in and caught the release for the action whilst my thumb was still in there........................The result............... The hook on the end of the ejector slammed down staight through my thumb nail, :blink: The pain was and still is unbelievable!!

I truly learnt me lesson from this one.

Just thought i'd share this with you too either make you cringe or giggle.

Out on the pigeons last night with my semi auto, emptied the gun on 3 birds passing over then noticed more coming right behind them, so rushing to get more carts in the gun, placed the first cartridge in and caught the release for the action whilst my thumb was still in there........................The result............... The hook on the end of the ejector slammed down staight through my thumb nail, :blink: The pain was and still is unbelievable!!

I truly learnt me lesson from this one.

That's GOD wreaking his vengeance on you for trying to kill one of His Living Creatures. Youi're DOOOOOOMED

Sounds like you have a hole in your nail already but if you have got blood building up under the nail get a paper clip and a cigerette lighter and heat up the end until it is red hot and burn a hole through the nail right in the middle of the blood blister....Instant relief of pain.

I know it sound yucky but if you ever have somebody do this for you you will probably want to kiss them the relief is soooo fast!

Edited by harpoonlouis

Any pics :blink:

Lol, no pics, but will take one and try to upload it.

Don't build your hopes up though, been trying to upload a profile pic for weeks now with no luck. Keeps saying connection error. Anyone else experienced this and know what the fault is?

Lol, no pics, but will take one and try to upload it.

Don't build your hopes up though, been trying to upload a profile pic for weeks now with no luck. Keeps saying connection error. Anyone else experienced this and know what the fault is?

You on WiFi?

LOL, Poor soul...Bet it nipped!!!

Couple of weeks ago, me and some mates were having a wee clay shoot...and I closed the barrels on my Rizzini on the soft part of my thumb!!! Scream?:blink: I almost fainted...much to the amusement of my "So Called" mates...:) I'm only now starting to get the feeling back into that thumb...:good:

Edited by Norrie

Sounds like you have a hole in your nail already but if you have got blood building up under the nail get a paper clip and a cigerette lighter and heat up the end until it is red hot and burn a hole through the nail right in the middle of the blood blister....Instant relief of pain.

I know it sound yucky but if you ever have somebody do this for you you will probably want to kiss them the relief is soooo fast!

I'll do it!!

Did the same thing in 1980 when i was in the forces , It was - 10 in the middle of winter (numb hands), and a 7.62 L1a1 SLR bit me , christ did it hurt when my hands started to thaw out.

I remember doing a prone shoot at a Bisley Interservices Competition, team member beside me shot, and the SLR ejected the case straight down my neck. I was in the middle of taking a shot, so stupidly grit my teeth and completed it. Still got the burn scars many years on.