Probably the best curry in the world.

majordisorder

Theres a curry house round here (taste of india) that does an absolutely lovely chicken naga, its not too hot and i beleive it uses naga pickle rather than chillis, theres another nearby (Ivory Cafe) which does a chicken nageshwara which uses a bangledeshi pickle so might be similar. It does make for the nicest curry I've had and I really need to find a new one as I'm getting stuck in a rut and should find a new flavour!

Theres a curry house round here (taste of india) that does an absolutely lovely chicken naga, its not too hot and i beleive it uses naga pickle rather than chillis, theres another nearby (Ivory Cafe) which does a chicken nageshwara which uses a bangledeshi pickle so might be similar. It does make for the nicest curry I've had and I really need to find a new one as I'm getting stuck in a rut and should find a new flavour!

Sounds like the one I've had. The flavour is superb and more than a match to my usual Chicken Jalfrezi (which by the way is also great). The heat is certainly there from the Naga in one way or another but it's not painful at all.

Are we talking the Dorset Naga chilli or the far more volatile Bhut Jolakai chilli or Ghost Chilli as its better known. Bought a packet of those dried from a chilli fest in Brighton, lethal, later found out that the locals in India where they are grown use them to keep elephants away, no body is stupid enough to eat one.

had some beauties in the sweet center lumb lane bradford no forks just fingers! they ended up looking like you smoked 200 a day for 40 years, now if you want something HOT try a little da'bomb chillie sauce numb lips, eyes watering, nose streaming bloody painfull but ooh nice.

KW

had some beauties in the sweet center lumb lane bradford no forks just fingers! they ended up looking like you smoked 200 a day for 40 years, now if you want something HOT try a little da'bomb chillie sauce numb lips, eyes watering, nose streaming bloody painfull but ooh nice.

KW

remember the days where u would get burnt if you dipped your chilli into a "lady" pot round there...

but sweet centre is a cracking curry place

Meanwhile- for those of us that dont want to melt our face-theres a resturant in Bicester called Arzoo-right in the middle next to the car park that does a buffet on a sunday for a tenner-its very difficult not to eat yourself sick as the grub is superb (chefs got loads of awards)-not for the dedicated molten lava freak as the foods spicy rather than hot-well worth a visit. :good:

Meanwhile- for those of us that dont want to melt our face-theres a resturant in Bicester called Arzoo-right in the middle next to the car park that does a buffet on a sunday for a tenner-its very difficult not to eat yourself sick as the grub is superb (chefs got loads of awards)-not for the dedicated molten lava freak as the foods spicy rather than hot-well worth a visit. :good:

Thanks for the heads up, I often pass through Bicester coming home along from the A34. If you're at my end of the county La Hind in Milton Keynes station forecourt is also very good and if you have a takeaway and buy two main dishes you get a third free (cheapest).

• 4 weeks later...

KW

Da'Bomb.............. tried it in New Orleans years ago much to the amusment of the market stall owner. I stupidly asked for the hotest sauce she sold and was directed to Da' BOMB.

I love obscenely hot food, but that was on another level of pain!

Thanks for the heads up, I often pass through Bicester coming home along from the A34. If you're at my end of the county La Hind in Milton Keynes station forecourt is also very good and if you have a takeaway and buy two main dishes you get a third free (cheapest).

Got to agree that La'Hind is really good too, had a couple of good feasts there :blink: