New Winchester

robc89

So after 3 days of umming and ahhing at the game fair, i bought a Winchester select, brand spankers! Iv put one box of 28g 7.5s through it and there is a crack in the stock just behind the safety!!!!

Dunno what the procedure is now but im not looking forward to the hassel!

Anything like this happened to you guys?

:good: NOt good mate suggest to phone the dealer you bought it from and see what they say. If the dealer you bought it from weren't local then it may be worth contacting the Winchester importer directly but give the supplying dealer chance to sort it before doing so.

Yeah left a message with them this morning. Im quite gutted really as i went to the game fair looking for a 2nd hand browning 525 but they must of all gone on the 1st day cos there was eff all when i was looking. I didnt really want a new gun because i thought this sort of thing could happen.

get your money back you have the right, let the dealer go thru the hassle with the importer/winchester.

Probably not a bad idea, there are plenty of 525 about when i was looking for one i considered the Winchester Select and was told it wasn't int he same league as the 525, I was looking for a LH and alot fewer around, not sure where you are but i can recommend the "The Gun Shop Rugby" where i got mine and they have a clay ground 10 min down the road open wed and Sat where you can try guns out, I took a 525 and 686 down to try had 25 carts through each and came away with the 525. Long way from you but must be a dealer with similar facilities closer

Edited by HDAV

just spoke to my local RFD and he said speak to where i bought it and see what they offer, if it sounds like hassle go straight to BWM! so i guess i am gonna have the hassle of sending it back to the dealer who will then have to send it back to BWM who will then make a desicion. Sucks considering ill prob have to pay to send it back and pay to receive a new one!

Bit lame considering its almost Shooting Season for me!

not a bad shout!

I think im going to phone them tommorrow and find out would they normally offer in this situation. I will not send it back untill i know what action will be taken as I will not accept a repair.

Its not like its a 2nd hand gun!

Spoke to them this morning, He said he will speak to BWM about it as they are usually pretty good but he did say woodwork is not normally covered. So i have forwarded him the follwing pics (hope they upload) and will be waiting to hear from them.

post-18013-1282640137.jpg

post-18013-1282640147.jpg

Hopefully it wont go that far. There is some detailed info here:http://whatconsumer.co.uk/what-are-my-statutory-rights/ and http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-do-you-measure-quality/ and http://whatconsumer.co.uk/do-shops-have-to...-my-money-back/ Note your contract is with the Shop not BWM or anybody else you bought from a retailer so it doesn't make any difference you bought it at a game fair.

I wont post what i was going to as this is a public forum, but it may be best to put all of this in writing (PITA i know) and keep copies, send a letter to the shop, keep it polite but explain the situation (there are site that have letters for download as you may need to use specific terms) and give them a reasonable amount of time to reply normally 7 or 14 days.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you...etters/SGA1979/

Once had similar trouble with a lanber forend that cracked after

a week of use and around 200 cartridges,the dealer informed

the importer who sent one (complete with fittings)to my home

address,no charge and didnt want the old one back,colour was

wrong but the gunsmith sorted that for the broken one and 20

quid as payment.

just spoke to my local RFD and he said speak to where i bought it and see what they offer, if it sounds like hassle go straight to BWM! so i guess i am gonna have the hassle of sending it back to the dealer who will then have to send it back to BWM who will then make a desicion. Sucks considering ill prob have to pay to send it back and pay to receive a new one!

Bit lame considering its almost Shooting Season for me!

I've had no problems with Browning international (BWM) had a similar fault with my winnie mod 70 rifle, they picked it up, replaced the stock with an upgrade, and fixed the extractor, sent it back to the dealer all in under a week. top marks to them, proper service :)

Read the advice re the sale of goods act.

Get in touch with the shop. don't use the shotgn until this issue is sorted. Document everything and take photos.............

If you get no joy or have difficulty gtting your head around the links then its off to the CAB.

Don't contact the importer or manufacturer. If you bought an iphone which had a cracked screen out of the box, would you contact Steve Job at apple for example.

Your beef is with the vendor and its up to them to replace the goods which are not fit for purpose.

you can not accept that this just happens................. would you accept this on a pair of purdeys?

Yeah left a message with them this morning. Im quite gutted really as i went to the game fair looking for a 2nd hand browning 525 but they must of all gone on the 1st day cos there was eff all when i was looking. I didnt really want a new gun because i thought this sort of thing could happen.

I was in the same quandary last year, I ended up buying a 2nd hand Miroku MK70 Sporter off an add on here. £650, was mint and an absolute bargain. Seen guns in a lot worse condition for nearly twice that this year.

And, it's virtually identical to a Browning 525, the chequering and wood may be slightly different, but the action, mechanism and general appearance and feel of the gun is the same. So that's another model to look out for.

Was always satisfying when my Girlfriend's dad shot better with my £650 grade 1 mk70 than his fancy grade 3 or 4 525 at several times the money.

Sam

Edited by Guest