Very few pigeons about

foghorn

Dont know about you guys, but there are very few pigeons about in my area of N Yorks / E Yorks

Nothing in the usual flightlines and only small groups occasionally seen.

It's because their all over one of my permissions, freshly cut wheat, bloody billions of the damn things. Roll on tomorrow!!!v :cry1::/

Knowing my luck they'd of ******** of by then. :lol:

You lot have killed 'em all that's why! :hmm:

That's pigeon shooting...after nearly 3 days of continuous rain we had some respite on Friday and there were more pigeons about than we've seen for some time. Large flocks reminiscent of the winter time flocks on rape. A good day BUT then on Saturday hardly a bird was stiring! Go figure. There's no other quarry quite like Woody.

It seems to have slowed down a bit my end too. Hope its not a County thing :hmm:

plenty around my part of north yorkshire!

field of peas that was cut vey late is heaving and theres a good few on some laid wheat thats been ready to be cut since the rain started last week

but i cant shoot on sundays :hmm:

I had a good look around my fields today and a scattering of birds about , but no big numbers in my part of N Norfolk. The winds of te last few days have brought a lot of acorns down so they could be in the woods , but there is stubble every where so they are likely to be thinly scattered.