3 MORE LAMB KILLERS.

Frank

I went out my way last night to get these other lamb killers.

Farmer lost another lamb since, so i sat out till 2 am, freezing my balls off. :lol:

Managed 3, they did not come in close as their was some moonlight :rolleyes: , but it started to get cloudy and the stinky fish bait must of been tempting.

I waited and switched the lamp on from time to time, when it got cloudy, the foxes seemed to move in and as soon as i swithed the lamp on, the first one was their, but he ran, i shouted STOP, which he did for a split second,BOOM,POP, down. :lol:

2 more foxes appeard later together, shot first one, other ran, turned off lamp, made a fox bark noise, waited, barked again, swiched on lamp and low and behold, their she was but 203 yds away and would not come in, SQUEEZE, KA-BOOM, WACK. Lovely.

Waited another hour, but im no SAS man :lol: , so packed up and went home for a hot mug of sweet tea. :lol:

I will keep an eye on the area over the next day or 2, but hopefully the farmers lambs are safe. :lol::lol:

Edited by Frank

A good night then :lol:

Hopefully there may be a lamb for you in return at some point.

Mmmmmm.............chops :lol:

Good point Waddy. :lol: Ill make a hint. :lol:

I have a good bit of tender vanison in me freezer too, given to me by a mate, the 2 should go well together. :rolleyes: Mmmm.

Have just been speaking to the farmer, he has seen the foxes, came round to see how i got on.

To say he was delighted is an understatement. He was over the moon. :)

He offerd payment, but i said i would prefer a nice spring lamb for the freezer sometime in April may, if he did not mind, this he agreed to and said i can have 2.

So looks like i will be having tasty lamb chops in the future, lovely chubly. :)

Edited by Frank

When you've got the bait out do you make any squealing or just leave the smell to work it's magic? Congrats on getting them, a very sucessful night out!

Hi Teal,

I usually let the bait do its stuff, but if i have been waiting for a while, ill start sqeeking from time to time. This time of the year they are mating, so i try and imetate a fox barking :) , if you could call it that :lol: , i try my best. :)

Suprisingly, it works sometimes. :) , but not allways. :):)

Edited by Frank

Thanks everyone. :) I might lamp a few hares tonight, but i prefer to go at dawn with the .223 and take the odd one at a time. This way usually will keep them off the golf course and move on to a better place, the crack off the .223 usually shifts them quick enough. :)

Why dont you use a rimmy and mod i hear you say, too tempting to take too many and thats not want i want to do, after all they are considerd as game over here, plus the fact is i like to see hares often. :)