40th birthday suprise.

Ricko

Here's the brief:

• 40th birthday next Feb.
  • Girlfriend wants to do nice short break as present (3 nights or so) in Europe
  • Fancy a European capital already been to Dublin, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, Prague, Tallin, Monte Carlo, Paris.

Your suggestions and reasons are welcome.

Cheers

Copenhagen would have been my choice, however you have been there......Madrid/Barcelona? Lisbon? Rome? Milan? However how about first class train to Edinburgh lots to see and do, or cardiff? small city close to countryside 3 Days at St Davids hotel and Spa would be nice again train to city centre if there is a direct ish one First class much nicer way to arrive than airport miles outside the city

NYC - its not Europe but its the mutts nuts and IMHO a bit more special than most of what is left to offer you Europe - flights can be had for 280 a pop, so get saving -it would be a talking point saying that you marked your 40th with a visit to the top of the Empire State building!!

good food good beer too.

4 nights would be a better option though due to the 7hr flight

lots to do and see.

How about Iceland and going to view the volcanoes and suchlike? Or go to the far north of Norway and try and get to see the Northern lights? Not exactly city breaks but then I suppose that reflects my own personal tastes, I spent my 40th this year hiking up a mountain in the Canadian Rockies, up to the valley of the Ten Peaks and then an afternoon canoeing around Madeira Lake, very relaxing! :blink:

My wife and I both really enjoyed a long weekend in Budapest. Not too expensive, and enough to keep you interested for 3-4 days. We went in Easter when it was just starting to get a bit warmer - they are big into their spa baths and lidos. A bit of the continental cafe culture as well.

Here's the brief:

• 40th birthday next Feb.
  • Girlfriend wants to do nice short break as present (3 nights or so) in Europe
  • Fancy a European capital already been to Dublin, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, Prague, Tallin, Monte Carlo, Paris.

Your suggestions and reasons are welcome.

Cheers

belfast great place good countryside music drink :blink: