The great wellie debate!!!!

beerdeor

Evening gents I have been following the wellie boot debates avidly,there seems to be a split between le chameau and muck boots!!! Now is it because le chameau are better but way over priced so people go on the muck boot budget or are le chamue genuinly a better boot

advice please fellas

atb Jim

i`m a split man on wellies i have loved le chameau for a long long time but i gave in and bought a pair of muck boots and i love them

i now have 2 pairs of le chameau & 2 pairs of muck boots all 4 pairs are lovely & warm & keep my feet dry except 1 pair of muck boots which i have punctured whilst wearing them for work eairlier this year (with only a pair of sports socks on under them) when it was minus 18 & my feet were lovely & warm so i did not care about the holes i put in them

all in all the le chameau are a better quality wellie but 4 times + the price of muck boots the only thing i can fault the muck boot on is the neoprene top halfs as that is what i have punctured albeit on sharp bits of steel at work but it couls also be done on a barbwire fence

if i`m going to sit in a pigeon or duck hide for a few hours in the cold or i`m going out ferreting or lamping i will wear my muckboots for beating picking up & formal shooting or just walking the dogs i will wear the le chameau

my le chameau are 6 & 4 years old and the muck boots are 18 months & 6 months old & the old le chameau`s will still be going strong when i`m on my 4th pair of muck boots

i guess it all depends on what you are going to be wearing them for & how long you want them to last!

just buy a pair of each! go on you know you want to!!

Evening gents I have been following the wellie boot debates avidly,there seems to be a split between le chameau and muck boots!!! Now is it because le chameau are better but way over priced so people go on the muck boot budget or are le chamue genuinly a better boot

advice please fellas

atb Jim

Buy Aigle, much better fit around the ankle. Tried Hunter and Chameau in the past and they're not a patch on them

Had a bad experiance with Argle. Three pairs in 2 months all with different faults from soles falling off to splitting. I get a cheap pair of dunlops for £9.00 , wear them almost every day throught the year and uusualy get 12-15 months out of a pair.

I would go for sea land boots cause i have a pair of them and been most countable pair of whellie i have ever had also know 3 people with the shamo's who work in them most day in general use and 2 pairs had the back heel come off and the other pair the zip came off in a day and also they ripped on a bit of barbed wire. i would only get shamo if i was being a gun or doing shooting that don't involve to much stress on the boots.

My Le Chams have been very good: warm, comy & waterproof for the last 3 years & I'd expect them to keep going for a while yet but I do have a gripe about them.

I'm 6'3" with size 10 feet. My wife is 5'5" with size 4 feet. If you stand her boots next to mine, the leg length is the same! What's this about - haven't the French worked out that people with bigger feet might have longer legs than people with small feet? Does anyone make a decent boot with a longer leg length?

Dammit you've set me off now!

Grump!

TT