Evening Out

gibby

Cold as a witch's *** out there tonight, bit to cold i think for the bunnies, still quite a bright moon up so may have put a bit of the quarry off, but no wind at all...

Went out in the landie all lights beaming, couldnt get to close to them tonight, closest probably 50 yrds, furthest i dont really know. But not a bad bag, few for the freezer and a few as bait for mr.fox... :blink:

Anyone else finding fewer rabbits out?

post-11-1138140252.jpg

Edited by gibby

My neck of the woods was wiped out by myxy in the autumn so giving the bunnies a chance to recover so i can do a bit of ferreting next winter.

Hi John, do you breed your ferrets? I might just be getting one or 2 jills this summer for ferreting. Havent decided yet, have had them before but was single then, now have a son who is nearly 5 and the wife is a bit cautious of them niping him. :blink:

Altough he is all for having one. The wife wants him to have a kitten :) :blink: , but i personally hate cats.

Hi Gibby, I went out with a couple of lads yesterday on a new permission. Cold as a whitch's *** is one way of puting it. In fact it was so cold that when we returned to the motor for coffee, we noticed that all the mods had frozen up. :blink:

Anyway, we did'nt see much in the way in Rabbits a total of 4 were seen on 112 Acres. However, we also perchanced accross 4 Fox as well, so may be thats not helping. Unforunately, we couldnt call them in either for some reason, all bar one that scared the pants off me :*) Concentrationg on one way out in a field, we failed to miss this guy creeping up behind us in an adjacent field. He made it to within 10 feet of us when all of a sudden we heard a rustle behind the hedgerow. Looked round with the lamps into the next field to see Mr Fox galloping off! :blink:

O well, least we know where he'll be next time.

Hi,

Frank, a ferret is an ideal pet for a child. They are not nasty biters providing they are regularly handled. I have only been bitten once and that is when someone kicked a football past my head when I was holding one of my ferrets Echo. She was rescued from the RSPCA and we suspect she had been abused because she was found dumped in a box and as a result is scared of loud noises or sudden movements. She had a similar fright when a stupid idiot on a mini moto roared past 3ft from her head. :< :<

A ferret is incredibly easily litter trained because they go to the toilet furthest away from their nestbox so if you put a litter tray there they will get used to it and use one all the time. I can now put a small litter tray in the house and bring them inside for a play. They are playfull affectionate animals who love attention mine all have favourite toys and are easy to feed. I feed mine James Wellboleved Ferret Complete. :lol:

Compared to a kitten whos idea of fun is biting and scratching anything that moves and peeing everywhere as it can't remember where it's litter tray is. A kitten and a cat for that matter will have mood swings and can attack nastily for no reason and a cat bite or scratch hurts far more than a ferret nip. A ferret will also catch dinner and are far more obedient than cats. I am training mine to come to a whistle, squeak or their name unlike a cat which only comes when it wants something. A ferret or dog comes when called. A cat takes a message and gets back to you later when it is hungry. :sly:

I speak from experience as I can remember when my Mum's cat was a kitten and I can remember when my jills were. :lol:

If you want anymore info if you presuade your wife to get them contact me and I will be glad to help. I found just turning up with 8 week old kits works and my Mum was cuddling them as soon as they got in the door. :lol: The cub that we keep them in we told her we were doing up for Pheasants. :lol:

FM :lol:

My neck of the woods was wiped out by myxy in the autumn so giving the bunnies a chance to recover so i can do a bit of ferreting next winter.

Hi John, do you breed your ferrets? I might just be getting one or 2 jills this summer for ferreting. Havent decided yet, have had them before but was single then, now have a son who is nearly 5 and the wife is a bit cautious of them niping him. :sly:

Altough he is all for having one. The wife wants him to have a kitten :lol::lol: , but i personally hate cats.

Get the lad a few Frank.It is much better to keep two together as they like there own company.He is the right age and all to start taking him to a few handy places ferreting with you.He will love it and we will have one more to add to the list for the next generation to keep our sports alive and legal.

Only breed my ferrets every few years to replace my own stock.

Takes a lot of time to handle the kits to get them used to being handled and i dont have the time to give them and would not want to give parents ferrets who want them for there kids that are not used to being handled and that are not of good temperment as a ferrets bite can hurt as u probavly already know.

Plus the little ******* can eat too.

Last time i bred them I had 9 kits off a good working jill i have and the 9 kits were eating much more than than the 8 adult ferrets i have each day.

Should be no problem for you to pick up a few kits for him in a few months.Check the buy and sell in about 3 months time and they should be starting to advertise them for sale.If you decide to get the lad some and you have any problem getting them send me a pm have a few friends that will sort you out with a few kits for the young lad.

Dont get him a cat, worse then foxes they are i think for poaching at night.Any time we meet feral cats out the country they get the same medicine as a fox does and i have been bit by foxes,mink and ferrets and most animal we have here and the worst bite i ever got was off a pet cat.Infected my hand something bad and was on antibiotics for two weeks trying to clear it up

Edited by johnskevena

the rifle is a .22lr weichrauch hw60... a parker hale sound moderator, harris bipod, and a deben max lamp on top... only recently finished it, but always willing to add more, but as you can see bloody great gun, take aq look at my other post with the fox, can't rate the gun high enough...hard to come by, but when they do snap it up.

Hi John, do you breed your ferrets? I might just be getting one or 2 jills this summer for ferreting. Havent decided yet, have had them before but was single then, now have a son who is nearly 5 and the wife is a bit cautious of them niping him. :sly:

Altough he is all for having one. The wife wants him to have a kitten :lol::lol: , but i personally hate cats.

Get the lad a few Frank.It is much better to keep two together as they like there own company.He is the right age and all to start taking him to a few handy places ferreting with you.He will love it and we will have one more to add to the list for the next generation to keep our sports alive and legal.

Only breed my ferrets every few years to replace my own stock.

Takes a lot of time to handle the kits to get them used to being handled and i dont have the time to give them and would not want to give parents ferrets who want them for there kids that are not used to being handled and that are not of good temperment as a ferrets bite can hurt as u probavly already know.

Plus the little ******* can eat too.

Last time i bred them I had 9 kits off a good working jill i have and the 9 kits were eating much more than than the 8 adult ferrets i have each day.

Should be no problem for you to pick up a few kits for him in a few months.Check the buy and sell in about 3 months time and they should be starting to advertise them for sale.If you decide to get the lad some and you have any problem getting them send me a pm have a few friends that will sort you out with a few kits for the young lad.

Dont get him a cat, worse then foxes they are i think for poaching at night.Any time we meet feral cats out the country they get the same medicine as a fox does and i have been bit by foxes,mink and ferrets and most animal we have here and the worst bite i ever got was off a pet cat.Infected my hand something bad and was on antibiotics for two weeks trying to clear it up

John, thanks very much for the info mate :lol: . If i have probs getting one ill let you know.

I want one from good working parents aswell, no non working parents, as im sure you or your mates can supply. :lol::lol:

Hi,

Frank, a ferret is an ideal pet for a child. They are not nasty biters providing they are regularly handled. I have only been bitten once and that is when someone kicked a football past my head when I was holding one of my ferrets Echo. She was rescued from the RSPCA and we suspect she had been abused because she was found dumped in a box and as a result is scared of loud noises or sudden movements. She had a similar fright when a stupid idiot on a mini moto roared past 3ft from her head. :< :<

A ferret is incredibly easily litter trained because they go to the toilet furthest away from their nestbox so if you put a litter tray there they will get used to it and use one all the time. I can now put a small litter tray in the house and bring them inside for a play. They are playfull affectionate animals who love attention mine all have favourite toys and are easy to feed. I feed mine James Wellboleved Ferret Complete. :lol:

Compared to a kitten whos idea of fun is biting and scratching anything that moves and peeing everywhere as it can't remember where it's litter tray is. A kitten and a cat for that matter will have mood swings and can attack nastily for no reason and a cat bite or scratch hurts far more than a ferret nip. A ferret will also catch dinner and are far more obedient than cats. I am training mine to come to a whistle, squeak or their name unlike a cat which only comes when it wants something. A ferret or dog comes when called. A cat takes a message and gets back to you later when it is hungry. :sly:

I speak from experience as I can remember when my Mum's cat was a kitten and I can remember when my jills were. :lol:

If you want anymore info if you presuade your wife to get them contact me and I will be glad to help. I found just turning up with 8 week old kits works and my Mum was cuddling them as soon as they got in the door. :lol: The cub that we keep them in we told her we were doing up for Pheasants. :lol:

FM :D

Thanks very much Ferret Master. :D I know my young lad will be better off with a ferret or 2. Their for me aswell. :*) :lol: