What a ****!

Stamford

Spent last weekend extending the chicken run and decided to plug the gaps in the corrigated roof with that expanding filla foam stuff... Jobs a good'un till I discovered that I had in fact got some of it on my Aigle jacket and my Mrs is spitting bullets. Just got back from the dry cleaners and they had failed to remove the white patch now sitting snuggly above my heart and along the sleeve :lol: The Mrs is gonna cut my nuts off thats for sure as she bought it for me last Christmas, and it wasnt cheap :good:

Anyways, apart from fleeing the country, buying expensive gifts or flowers... Any advice on how to remove this un-sightly blemish ?? Its now actually as you'd expect and gone hard so you cant even peel it off

Please help :lol:

Try a few dabs of WD40 on it. I managed to get carpet glue off a pair of jeans.

Good idea, but try it on a discrete area first.

WD does amazing things, although it says 'stops sqeaks' I sprayed some in my daughters hamsters face and it screamed like banshee :good:

We (the sprogs and I) were watching 'Backyard Science' the other day. They were showing you how to get chewing gum off clothes.

Don't bother with detergents as the stuff is meant to survive in a fairly tough environment. Use peanut butter. It's oily but the 'grit' helps loosen the gum and the oil coats it, stopping it re-adhering.

Not sure if it'll help in your case, but might be worth a try.

Just read this from the ' How to ' website :look: :yes: Item 6 right at the end is the kicker :lol:

•Put on rubber gloves and protective clothing.

Remove expanding foam immediately from areas you do not want it. Use small pieces of cardboard to scrape off excess foam, throwing them away immediately to avoid getting foam elsewhere as it expands.

Pour acetone onto old rags and wipe off excess expanding foam residue the cardboard pieces did not get. Do not get acetone on plastic or painted surfaces because it can cause damage. Open windows and keep acetone away from flames. You can also use nail polish remover made with acetone, or try paint thinner.

Throw away the rags as soon as you finish using them.

Cut hardened expanding foam away using tools like a saw, a sharp knife, a grinding tool and sandpaper.

Remove hardened expanding foam from your skin with pumice or sandpaper. If you get expanded foam on your clothing, it cannot be removed. Throw the clothing away.

Fan bloody tastic :good::lol:

Have a very bad feeling that the Mrs isnt go to talk to me for months.......................

Result ???

From what I've read elsewhere, I doubt very much that this gunk is ever goiung to come off, so may even be tempted to dye the colour down from white to greenish, will let you know the results when the postman delivers tomorrow