old steak in the fridge

hamster123

is it a nice reddy brown colour ?

does it smell meaty but not off ??

heat acast iron skillett till its very hot , pour a tiny dribble of oil on it , leave till its smoking then drop the meat on . cook each side for just a minute or two turn over then enjoy a perfect steak .

adi

Had a real nice piece of Rump tonight from farm shop - been in freezer for a few weeks -- grill pan - no oil and two minutes a side - wrap in foil for 6 min while cooking mushrooms and eggs - best steak I have had for ages. - just a touch of pink

Dave

well ive had 2 bits of sirloin in my fridge now and for one reason or another i havnt getting round to cooking it yet its been there 8 days now and now a dark red colour. is it ok to eat??? i dont want to waste it.

Try it you will have a pleasant surprise :rolleyes: always pick the dark meat in the supermarket as it has relaxed :hmm:

Had a real nice piece of Rump tonight from farm shop - been in freezer for a few weeks -- grill pan - no oil and two minutes a side - wrap in foil for 6 min while cooking mushrooms and eggs - best steak I have had for ages. - just a touch of pink

Dave

well??? Have you eaten it yet?

or are you on the bog while throwing your ring up in the sink LOL

speaking as a qualified chef (call myself retired now though due to a new trade) I would definitely give it the old sniff test, if it's ok get it in a red hot skillet with a touch of seasoning (go careful on the salt though as this draws out moisture) cook it to your own specifications (has to be really well done for me though same as all meats) and slowly lower the heat and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving up with sauteed button garlic mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, home made chunky chips, onion rings, side salad and creamy peppercorn sauce with plenty salt and vinegar :rolleyes:

well??? Have you eaten it yet?

or are you on the bog while throwing your ring up in the sink LOL

speaking as a qualified chef (call myself retired now though due to a new trade) I would definitely give it the old sniff test, if it's ok get it in a red hot skillet with a touch of seasoning (go careful on the salt though as this draws out moisture) cook it to your own specifications (has to be really well done for me though same as all meats) and slowly lower the heat and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving up with sauteed button garlic mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, home made chunky chips, onion rings, side salad and creamy peppercorn sauce with plenty salt and vinegar :hmm:

And your a chef :rolleyes:

blasphemy

:hmm::hmm::bye2:

And your a chef :hmm:

blasphemy

:hmm::bye2::bye2:

HAHA, yeah :hmm: everyone says that to me, I don't know why I just don't like blood on my plate or the site of pink meat, I can cook meat to perfection if I wanted to but whether it be a steak, joint of beef, lamb, venison or even a pigeon breast it has to be very well done :rolleyes: maybe I just like the taste of the caramelised juices on the meat, everyone in my family is the same. Anyway I'm a retired chef now as said in my post as I'm a digital satellite installations engineer now LOL

Must be Mc Donalds!

Nah no way LOL, 9 years armed forces mate and not the old stick it in a pan and slosh it all up, probably 80% of my time I was wardroom chef and captains personal chef doing much finer food on and smaller scale. even cooked for royalty several PM's and VIP's :rolleyes:

HAHA, yeah :hmm: everyone says that to me, I don't know why I just don't like blood on my plate or the site of pink meat, I can cook meat to perfection if I wanted to but whether it be a steak, joint of beef, lamb, venison or even a pigeon breast it has to be very well done :rolleyes: maybe I just like the taste of the caramelised juices on the meat, everyone in my family is the same. Anyway I'm a retired chef now as said in my post as I'm a digital satellite installations engineer now LOL

Not the venison and pigeon too :hmm: