this new pigeon watch sucks

richie223

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bit of constructive feedback here...

Why not voice your concerns properly and as mentioned, changes might be made to improve things that aren't working properly.

Once again, this is a fresh release which is full of bugs, which are being steadily ironed out.

If you just learn to accept this is the new format, you'll actually find within a few days of use, that it's a more efficient and secure forum than the last.

Edited by Billy.

Why not voice your concerns properly and as mentioned, changes might be made to improve things that aren't working properly.

Once again, this is a fresh release which is full of bugs, which are being steadily ironed out.

If you just learn to accept this is the new format, you'll actually find within a few days of use, that it's a more efficient and secure forum than the last.

For what it's worth, I think the new format is ok and we'll all get used to it in a few days. Change takes time (to quote the old management speak!!!).

Is it really too much to ask that a new piece of software comes without bugs? After all it isn't like it is the first forum ever is it. Are these things not tried and tested first? or are they purposely done like this so the exspurts can feel superior for 3 minutes?

Is it really too much to ask that a new piece of software comes without bugs? After all it isn't like it is the first forum ever is it. Are these things not tried and tested first? or are they purposely done like this so the exspurts can feel superior for 3 minutes?

Have you ever upgraded your Operating System on a computer? If so, did everything transfer correctly and your computer looked exactly as it did before?

You'll find that whenever you upgrade things, stuff needs tweaking to work well with the new set up.

If you have ever upgraded your OS before, you'll also notice that the look of it usually changes. I can't imagine how half of this forum survived the XP to Windows Vista upgrade :blush:

Guest topshot_2k

Jesus christ go away for a month and come back to this?

What the hell is wrong with the fonts/sizes? and facebook/twitter links on here? really?

Edited by topshot_2k

Have you ever upgraded your Operating System on a computer? If so, did everything transfer correctly and your computer looked exactly as it did before?

You'll find that whenever you upgrade things, stuff needs tweaking to work well with the new set up.

If you have ever upgraded your OS before, you'll also notice that the look of it usually changes. I can't imagine how half of this forum survived the XP to Windows Vista upgrade :blush:

No I haven't ever upgraded a operating system, why? because as you have highlighted it causes more problems than it solves and does it really make any difference? is vista better than XP? no probably not as 99% of the people who use computers are like me, they do not know or care what windows does. I use excel and word and autoCAD, nothing else really matters. I have however upgraded AutoCAD several times and have not had any issues. Maybe they just know how to make something work and do not release an upgrade until it is going to work.

I think you are enjoying this a little bit too much Billy :)

I started last night with the RSPCA...you take first shot tonight...im sure someone will rise to the bait :blush:

Noooooooooooooooo. Don't get me started on that sanctimonious mob. I think this new format is wonderful and I want to have it's babies. :)

I am right in my element here :)

MC, I fear the day you need to upgrade your computer. :blush:

Why is that?

I just go and buy another one, they are obselete before you get them out the shop anyway. Do you have a set of Schoolnick Electronics pens?

newnerdsoncampus.jpg

Edited by MC

Why is that?

I just go and buy another one, they are obselete before you get them out the shop anyway. Do you have a set of Schoolnick Electronics pens?

I meant the operating system upgrade, which you'll more than likely get when you buy a new machine. Even more so, you'll end up with a new computer each time, which you will have to mess around with to get it working like the older one.

It'll need passwords putting in, Pigeon Watch setting as the homepage in IE, all your files and photos transferring.

It's not like you plug a new computer into the wall and it's identical to the one it replaced.

348nd02.png

Edited by Billy.