My record bag 7 years ago 561

Here is a picture from 7 years ago of my record bag of 561 shot on broadcasted beans.

It all started when a field was broadcasted with beans and heavy rain made it inpossable to plough them in which inturn caused a mega pigeon feast .

I had several 100 pus bags prior to the mega bag the crop failed ,so the farmer reseeded again with beans and all was well but we had a very dry spell after the second seeding causing the ground to crack .

And the birds where sticking there heads down the cracks and pulling the chitted beans out .

This is when I had the mega bag it all started with a early start in late march ,landrover fully loaded 1000 shell on board ,a much younger fitter Merlin .

I arrived early I could drive across the field and it was so dry it never left a mark.

I setup along side the old cannel,you can see to the right.

My back to willows and a cool N/E wind blowing ,I only had a cheap dyed net curtain as camo net.

This was in the days before I had a whirly so setup a standard U shape pattern with boucers either side.

The birds as you can picture poured in for the next 6 hours I only had a cheap old spanish O/U .But I was still rattling the the shells .

It took me another 2 hours for me and Merlin to pickup .

When fully loaded my old stage one V8 CSW was nearly had the front wheels off the ground with the weight of birds .

Sorry but the picture does not do justices to day and the shear amount of birds plus fun I had.

RECORDDAY561.jpg

Kind regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill

welldone oth great bag that mate

now where is the link to pay pal for viewing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

what did you do with the landy ?

would be worth a good few quid now looks in good nick :good:

The landy went to the good old USA a yank from germany came over to view paid for it.

Returned two days later I collected him from oxford station he drove it back to germany then exported it to the USA in a C17 .

Regards OTH

i hate to keep banging on about this oth, but i really cannot see how you could accuse anybody of being greedy in regards to pigeon shooting, when you are proud to keep telling us of your record bag of 561 pigeons. just a little bit of greed involved there if you ask me

that is just pure greed in my opinion, as well as a total lack of compassion for the woodpigeon, eh oth?

It seems to me that Benelli montefeltro is rearing his ugly head under a diffrent user name.

Cheers OTH

Here is a picture from 7 years ago of my record bag of 561 shot on broadcasted beans.

It all started when a field was broadcasted with beans and heavy rain made it inpossable to plough them in which inturn caused a mega pigeon feast .

I had several 100 pus bags prior to the mega bag the crop failed ,so the farmer reseeded again with beans and all was well but we had a very dry spell after the second seeding causing the ground to crack .

And the birds where sticking there heads down the cracks and pulling the chitted beans out .

This is when I had the mega bag it all started with a early start in late march ,landrover fully loaded 1000 shell on board ,a much younger fitter Merlin .

I arrived early I could drive across the field and it was so dry it never left a mark.

I setup along side the old cannel,you can see to the right.

My back to willows and a cool N/E wind blowing ,I only had a cheap dyed net curtain as camo net.

This was in the days before I had a whirly so setup a standard U shape pattern with boucers either side.

The birds as you can picture poured in for the next 6 hours I only had a cheap old spanish O/U .But I was still rattling the the shells .

It took me another 2 hours for me and Merlin to pickup .

When fully loaded my old stage one V8 CSW was nearly had the front wheels off the ground with the weight of birds .

Sorry but the picture does not do justices to day and the shear amount of birds plus fun I had.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae2/cookiemonsterandmerlin/RECORDDAY561.jpg

Kind regards OTH

Very well done there.Just goes to show if the right situation comes about you dont need all the "essentials" we take nowadays.Good looking dog I know what you mean- shame they get old too quick !!