Long netting tonight in the gales

I had a crack at longnetting with a small bag that hopfully nobody will knock :lol: .

I love longnetting sure there is ways to kill more rabbits but none as diffcult as long netting .

And to try to do it in a howing gales takes skill and patients,I have nether .

Blow me I dont know I bother as some like to knock members more than take a look at themselfs.

A massive 3

Cheers OTH

Longnetting11thNOVEMBER2010.jpg

yup 3 is better than none sure there is ways to get more but any tom ,**** or harry can pull a trigger where as if the net isn't set proper or othe things then you could waste ya time so i think theres an art to long netting and eventually i want to get into it to keep the tradition going and pass it on 2 my kids when i get round to having em lols jimmy

I had a crack at longnetting with a small bag that hopfully nobody will knock :lol: .

I love longnetting sure there is ways to kill more rabbits but none as diffcult as long netting .

Blow me I dont know I bother as some like to knock members more than take a look at themselfs.

A massive 3

Cheers OTH

Well done that man,

Good to see you running out a traditional net too, as mentioned, it takes time and fieldcraft to do it properly so good on you!!

For some it's a numbers game, for others it's a job, for me it's about learning something new and most of all enjoyment. Hopefully i'll be able to pass it on to my lads aswell.

Well done OTH. Like others have said, for some it is more about the experience than how many you get. Personally, when I go shooting, I'll only be looking to bag a couple for myself and some nights (more often than not) I'll go home with one or even none but I've enjoyed being sat in the dark watching the wildlife and on my new permission I'm still learning where the best places are

longnetting in windy conditions is difficult enough,but to do it successfully

in these gales is even harder,some seasoned longnetters wouldnt even have

attempted it,and to get three is great going,better than none,atleast you

had some success,keep it up,its an addictive sport,well done that man...

DAZ

You did better than me OTH. I ran 150 yrds out of the basket. wind was bang on so i walked the back of the field out and then pushed the whole field to the nets.

I had one[/size and half the field of leaves in the nets:lol:

checked feild next night and there was 2 foxes and a badger on the field. normally theres 50+ bunnies on the field.

well done to you :yes::good:

Phil.

A massive 3

Cheers OTH

well i;ll have a go.. back of the landrover needs a clean :lol: ignore the knockers mate jealous people often do have a go :good: