Admiral Insurace

al4x

Have been insured with this mob for years through one of their companies, got the renewal through on my L200 yesterday and the premium had doubled. Then saw them on watchdog seems like they now want to make some serious money profits well up lots of unhappy people etc. Shopping round already got it down to not far off the old price but its an eye opener especially if you've taken out a multicar policy that when renewal time comes be prepared for a shock. i had changed vehicles but am getting on a bit and 11 years no claims no way do I want to be paying £600 plus for insurance

I had my Range Rover insured with the NFU but that was back in the 90s, but they couldn't compete when I changed to a normal car. LV have got my Disco insured on my existing policy which I had for my BMW and I got a small refund :good: they've been the cheapest with my BMW for quite a few years. I shall be looking to NFU again at renewal time. As an aside NFU have been competitive for my home contents cover and first class with the guns when I've made a claim.

Shop around is my advice.

I had my renewal quote today £450, bin on tinternet and the cheapest Ive found so far is Tesco Insurance at £306, and is a better deal than the original with more cover options including no claims proection, windscreen cover, legal protection, curtesy car and only £50 access.

still searching though may find one even better.

Give either 2gether of frank pickles a ring.

2gether had a problem with pajeros this year so messed my insurance up by £500 but it was the brokers fault so nothing to worry about. as it was messed up i phoned frank pickles up. my insurance went from £750 (£500 mess up) to £130 full comp with off road cover as well :good:

only things you must have is your 4x4 modified and do low mileage.

Not just Admiral. The whole car insurance industry seems to be going through some sort of "re-alignment" of premiums.

Both my premiums have increased recently, not by a large amount but enough for me to look around and change one of my cars to another insurer (could not really improve on the other.

There are loads of threads about doubling renewal premiums on motoring websites but it seems that not everyone is having the same problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting

My renewal with Direct Line went up by about £100 this year (even though I've not claimed, have more NCD etc). I looked around on the interweb, but couldn't even get close to their renewal quote. Phoned them up, bargained hard and they knocked off a wee bit, but they used to be much more open to negotiation on the phone...

I did not know this. I get updates from confused, compare the market and moneysupermarket almost every day. I always shop around for car and home insurance and I have opted to receive their 'newsletters' (adds in disguise) so I thought I share this. Sorry if it looked like an endorsement, I can assure you it is not...

Definitely shop around.

Both our vehicles came up for insurance renewals in the last four weeks and were subjected to 25% plus increases in premiums.

After shopping around and even exaggerating the better quotes I had received, the existing Insurers (Saga and Liverpool and Victoria), both "price matched".

In the case of the Saga policy, we are now paying £3 less than we paid last year and with L&V the premium went up by £7.

Another reason our premiums are increasing, is due,in some cases, by solicitors acting on your behalf. A motorist did a U turn on a busy road, and hit my vehicle side on. His insurance company told him to deny liability!

I had to have solicitors to chase his insurance company for the repair damage (over £2000) and they finally admitted liability.

The charge my solicitor's made to my insurance company £2640.00!