What ******* braindead idiot ?

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that it would be disrespectfull if the shooter shot straight through the 2 minutes silence at 11am.

Over the years I have shot at several clay grounds on rememberance Sunday, and the procedure has always been that a whistle or horn has been sounded shortly before 11am, thus stopping shooting. The signal is given again after 11.02 am.

webber

i have to agree with pegleg here. I think people should pay their respects for our soldiers but you can't expect everyone to reaarange their plans. What is so different from going shooting than, having a pint, playing football or watching tv? Perhaps this was this guys only chance to fit in a days shooting, should he have to put it off just for rememberence sundaay? I see nothing wrong with what he was doing and just because he was out shooting does not mean hge does not respect our troops. its likely that he would too.

Just got back from a 2 hour walk with the dog and there is some brain dead neanderthal shooting pigeons in a flayed maize field in the valley.

What a total lack of respect.

If I find out who it is I will shove is gun up his *** butt first. What a complete doughnut ! :angry:

How do you know that he didnt stop at 11.00 for 2 mins :hmm:

I went clay shooting earlier, is that disrespectful :hmm:

Surely the men who fell during conflicts, did so that we can maintain our freedom?

Telling people they can't do something they usually do, or want to do just because it's Rememberance Sunday is in contradiction?

Of course, we should all remember them, pay our respects by whatever means we feel pertinent, but I'm pretty sure my uncles and grandfather who fought in WW1/2 would want our free lives to continue.

Just got back from a 2 hour walk with the dog and there is some brain dead neanderthal shooting pigeons in a flayed maize field in the valley.

If I find out who it is I will shove is gun up his *** butt first. What a complete doughnut ! :angry:

Walking the dogs on Rememberence Sunday...........................How very dare you :D:D

Why is this so wrong ?

On remembrance Sunday ?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Couldnt it be given a rest for just one day.??

I find it disrespectful in the extreme.

And you know for a fact he didn't take a 2 minute break ?

I observed the 2 minutes silence, but sitting in the car at the local B&Q, is that wrong as well.

Neil.

as i said earlier, i am an ex soldier and i lost friends. it only takes two minutes to remember them. i dont think anyone should do nothing on rememberance day which was on thursday. i am sure we all went to work and carried on with life which is what our fallen heroes would of wanted. all we ask for is 2 minutes silence which i am sure most of us do :good:

1.What business is it of yours?

2.I suspect you wont be shoving anything anyware (except in private maybe :blush: )

Lads went to war so folk could do as they please in their own country, but hey, there is always some busy body (they usually get busy body type jobs as well)

Remember these lads any way you like I say, but just remember.

Missing the point here arnt you, why should you be able to walk your dogs and enjoy yourself and he isnt allowed to shoot, how he or anybody else remembers all those who gave for us to enjoy the life we have is his business, dont agree with your post one bit. Those that died gave their lives that people may enjoy that freedom without having some " brain dead neanderthal" shoving a gun up their *****.

doc

i thought the silence was meant to be observed on the 11'th and this was posted at 10.35 am :blink:

Yes it's observed on Armistice day the eleventh, but also on Remembrance Sunday. At pretty much every town and village war memorial, and every church in the country today, people would have been laying wreaths. Whilst the 2 minute silence might begin at 11:00, the remembrance services begin well before. Is it too much to ask not to disrupt them with the sound of gunfire on this one day of the year? Edited by Blunderbuss

Yes it's observed on Armistice day the eleventh, but also on Remembrance Sunday. At pretty much every town and village war memorial, and every church in the country today, people would have been laying wreaths. Whilst the 2 minute silence might begin at 11:00, the remembrance services begin well before. Is it too much to ask not to disrupt them with the sound of gunfire on this one day of the year?

but why stop with guns, my missus has just returned from a blat around the country lanes on the bike, well 300 ish miles, she and others turned off the engines at certain vilages along the way, respect enough, or should they, not have rode bikes today, or cars,or lorrys,planes :hmm:

as stated, everyone may or may not show their respect it different ways,but why should shooters be singled out

OK guys you have your views but I still hold true to mine and that Remembrance Sunday is sacrosanct in my household, its the way I was brought up and Im well aware of the sacrifices made during war having lost 14 family members since 1914 in one war or another so please dont patronise me with the "they died so we could enjoy our shooting ****."

I just think that to be discharging weapons on this day in earshot of the village community and the church is insensitive and completely unnecessary and could have been curtailed for just one day 2 minutes silence observed or not.

I still opine that anyone who discharges a weapon on Remembrance Sunday is being rather disrespectful and Im glad to say All of the landowndner on whose estates I shoot do to.

I still opine that anyone who discharges a weapon on Remembrance Sunday is being rather disrespectful.

As is challenging someones lawful right to do so. Sorry mate, I'm ex forces, I've lost friends and so has my eldest son more recently but I can't find the hypocrisy to agree with you. Until there's legislation banning shooting on rememberance sunday I wish the shooter all the luck in the world and hope he got a good bag as a result of others sacrifice to allow him the right to do so. It's his conscience and his alone. :yes: