Stolen snowman

margun

ok :blush:

well you all sound the same from round that way :D

The accent is called Estuary English, not to be confused with Real English, Cockney or other southern accents. I am Cockney and proud of it, my Mother in Law thought I was common it took many years to convince her I wasn't

Edited by bakerboy

The accent is called Estuary English, not to be confused with Real English, Cockney or other southern accents. I am Cockney and proud of it, my Mother in Law thought I was common it took many years to convince her I wasn't

my dads a cockey ;) and a leyton orient fan :oops:

and my mums from romford :oops: and i've still got family all over london but she still sounds thick

What you lot probably don't realise is that many, many 999 calls are of a similar trivial nature. The system is being abused and no one has the brains or bottle to sort it out.

For example;

999 call to report that someone in Yorkshire is being threatened on Facebook by someone in Mersyside who they haven't seen for over twenty years and neither know the other's address. Yet she still feels scared and wants the police to do something now.

999 call to say that she was assaulted by her partner's ex-girlfriend three weeks ago

999 call to say that five hours previously he was clipped by a bus wing mirror and has a bruise on his head.

This sort of thing is happening all over the country every day and has been for years.

The accent is called Estuary English, not to be confused with Real English, Cockney or other southern accents.

I used to live out on the Essex marshes, the accent there was very pleasant.

and my mums from romford :oops: and i've still got family all over london but she still sounds thick.

Who, your mum or the woman on the radio?

I used to live out on the Essex marshes, the accent there was very pleasant.

Who, your mum or the woman on the radio?

Estuary English originates from the Kent side of the Thames,it's most famous supporter being Ben Elton.

I know there is a difference by which side of the medway you live, being Kentish Men and Men of Kent, No offence aimed at either.

Of course the newest language "nationwide" is Whi**er" you can work that one out for yourselves, (insert 2 G's)

bakerboy