Discovered a new tipple

Cosd

i drank it in ireland it was smooth creamy and very good when i came back i tried a few pubs and found most didnt taste anything like it .they do take there time pouring it over there i noticed when i was half way down my first pint in ireland the barman was then settling down the first half of my secound pint . over here i noticed it was a poured straight pint no settling and tasted like **** .

I must agree with Billy here, Guinness in a glass bottle is really quiet nice, and should be given a chance by any drinker.

:lol: I meant it tastes like ****! hahaha!

I was in Canada and the only Guinness they had was a bottle of it. I had to hand it back to the bar I thought it was that bad :lol:

Jamesons old distillery is a better place to visit IMO the lift up the chimney is cool. I like Oyster from a smaller brewer i cant recall the name of they have 2 pubs in dublin one in temple bar on a corner and one near the shopping bit. The Super strong african guiness is weird (when drunk in dublin) I like Guiness but its a marketing monster....

IF visitng Dublin go to Kilmainham Gaol (SP) not far from St James Gate...

Guiness is a fine drink when poured right, even the draught cans can be good. But if you like the old style porters you should try the Porterhouse Bars. I believe there is one in Covent Garden but have not been to it, I have been to others in Bray and Dublin. They have a range of in house brews http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/beers.html well worth a visit and the food is good also. I recommend the Oyster guiness as a starter then work your way along the menu of bbers

Guiness is a fine drink when poured right, even the draught cans can be good. But if you like the old style porters you should try the Porterhouse Bars. I believe there is one in Covent Garden but have not been to it, I have been to others in Bray and Dublin. They have a range of in house brews http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/beers.html well worth a visit and the food is good also. I recommend the Oyster guiness as a starter then work your way along the menu of bbers

Thats the one porterhouse the Oyster and Ruby I think are stunning not been to the london one but to both dublin ones several times (good food too)

Asda are currently doing a deal on their packs of 10 cans of guiness with 3 packs for £18 (i.e. 60p a can) which isn't bad, also applies to loads of other drinks too.

****** I hate going to Asda but seems a trip is required.

Personally I love it and yes the Irish just seem to either keep it better or sell it faster as it seems generally better over there. I'd drink more of it here if it wasn't so flipping expensive £3.45 a pint in my local :o

Feel free to call me a snob, but each time I go there I drive home with a warm feeling that life could be hell of a lot worse . .

There is even a Maccy D's in 'our' local one, for the perfect day of for all the family :good:

know the feeling this one you definitely feel like a minority as well

are you suggesting if they washed it would change things Gary ;) never worked for Michael Jackson :oops:

Edited by al4x

Feel free to call me a snob, but each time I go there I drive home with a warm feeling that life could be hell of a lot worse . .

There is even a Maccy D's in 'our' local one, for the perfect day of for all the family :good:

Ha ha Don't know if anyone has ever experienced the Bedminster Asda, that's an experience and yes it also has a McD's in it.

I just love seeing the overweight mum's in their velor (ill fitting) tracksuits trying to control about 6 bad behaved little s**** :no:

However due to prices we brave it every 3 months to stock up on households items and beer. The one in Weston isn't as bad.

• 2 weeks later...