Semi-Autos

landrover

Do any of you that are left handed use a right hand semi-auto and how do you find it with the shells ejecting on your face side, i fancy a browning maxus but they only right handed, so to get a gun thats a lefty its either benelli, hatsan or a remi, but its the browning i would rather have,any comments or feed back would be helpfull, (will be mostly rough shooting)

Cheers Landrover

i used a webley 812 for a while and found it to be fine when by myself, however when in a hide you can spray your shooting partner with shells and the ejector mechanism is powerful, not good if you are like myslef and have to retrieve your cartridges, especially if they fly into a hedge or a muddy steep ditch!

i am left handed , i have shot a right handed semi auto and pump action for over 23 years , i did have some powder blow into my right eye once , it was a very windy day and i fired into the wind at a bird and some powder went into my eye it hurt for 3 to 4 hours thats all , i never notice the cases go past my face , also it does not effect me when shooting at a bird ......

Do any of you that are left handed use a right hand semi-auto and how do you find it with the shells ejecting on your face side, i fancy a browning maxus but they only right handed, so to get a gun thats a lefty its either benelli, hatsan or a remi, but its the browning i would rather have,any comments or feed back would be helpfull, (will be mostly rough shooting)

Cheers Landrover

hi there,im also left handed and find i have no probs shooting a right hand auto,the maxus can be adjusted to either cast but i find i shoot better with with the neutral shim installed witch is in it off the shelf,just added one spacer to increase the lop.had mine aboit 4 months now and luv it.top gun and only ever had a jam when using 65mm shells,but as it says minimum 70mm thats down to me for using wrong length shells,ive used 24gm to 63gm no probs.cant rate this gun highly enough...you wont be sorry.

i am left handed and i use beretta urika auto which is right handed ( they dont do left handers so i have been told).

the only issue i had was shooting a high driven and i had some thing hot strike my face close to my eye, ( only for split seconded)

mate said prob unburnt power, since then i always where saftey glasses now. ( only only have use of one eye so i have to look after that ).