The Student Protests

Mungler

Was that directly translated from the Chinese?

Nial.

must have deleted a line when editing it

but tell me your the clever sod I just pay more tax than I should because I have to support others who decide to have kids, then even after they have been through school, decide I should still pay for their "higher education"

KW

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that directly translated from the Chinese?

Nial.

with a university education it might have made sense ;)

the other side of it Kudubya is are you subsidising them all or do a certain percentage of them earn enough to cover their own education through a lifetimes tax,

The pointless cases you'll still pay for as they won't earn more than the thresh hold to pay it back so really it won't change

Edited by al4x

yes but mr average IS in the 40% bracket, wonder how many non ex students are in that lot? and paying more as a percentage than those who are not earning that amount but through no choice of mine I supported in higher education?

KW

I think you will find that 'Mr Average' doesn't even come close to earning enough to put them in the 40% bracket :no:

If you really think that this is the average income in the UK, its no wonder you're against it.

You must think everyone ****s fivers and ****** petrol :lol:

with a university education it might have made sense ;)

the other side of it Kudubya is are you subsidising them all or do a certain percentage of them earn enough to cover their own education through a lifetimes tax,

The pointless cases you'll still pay for as they won't earn more than the thresh hold to pay it back so really it won't change

its really very simple having kids is a lifetime choice that others should not have to support, and so should education over and above that which is supplied by the state via the taxpayer, if you want it you pay for it simples, wonder how many of the protestors are from the side of the hang on if less go to uni I will lose a lucrative income mob, higher education now is not about learning its about making money, hence the dumbing down to get more to feel they have achieved a "higher standard" and gain entry only to achieve a diploma in a totally useless field.

KW

I think you will find that 'Mr Average' doesn't even come close to earning enough to put them in the 40% bracket :no:

If you really think that this is the average income in the UK, its no wonder you're against it.

You must think everyone ****s fivers and ****** petrol :lol:

I would be very surprised if the majority of those working in decent jobs did not slip into the 40% bracket why do you think they lowered the higher tax bands? and why have the govt decided that if you earn 40k a year as an individual you will loose child benefit? if they thought no one was earning that they would have had to lower the figure further?

KW

its really very simple having kids is a lifetime choice that others should not have to support, and so should education over and above that which is supplied by the state via the taxpayer, if you want it you pay for it simples.

KW

completely agree, make sure that when you are older you dont need the pension that my childrens tax will pay for you or healthcare that they will provide for you as well.

remember that all comes out of direct taxation not a pot of money that has been saved(because that has been spent). without other peoples kids your future would look bleak.

man is not an island.

I get the hump about paying the housing costs and dole for people who don't want to work, then paying for MP's and local civil servants and their gold plated pensions gets on my wick. Its a hard one as to whether you should have a lifetimes debt for trying to improve your education or whether the tax you pay through your life should make up for it.

completely agree, make sure that when you are older you dont need the pension that my childrens tax will pay for you or healthcare that they will provide for you as well.

remember that all comes out of direct taxation not a pot of money that has been saved(because that has been spent). without other peoples kids your future would look bleak.

man is not an island.

My pension is sorted because I paid for it, I left school at 15 friday started work the next monday and never been unemployed, I used to do 2 paper rounds got paid 22s.6p started work working 42 hours week got 3 quid to take home, my mother took 2 off me so for getting out of my pit every day I was 2&6 worse off, a lesson well learned :o hence I worked to better myself both through college and work related schemes (in my time and at my cost) I retire in 16 months at the age of 60 with a pension above the national average wage, never took apenny other than child bebefit, oh and free school milk when it was given to all.

KW

My pension is sorted because I paid for it, I left school at 15 friday started work the next monday and never been unemployed, I used to do 2 paper rounds got paid 22s.6p started work working 42 hours week got 3 quid to take home, my mother took 2 off me so for getting out of my pit every day I was 2&6 worse off, a lesson well learned :o hence I worked to better myself both through colledge and work related schemes (in my time and at my cost) I retire in 16 months at the age of 60 with a pension above the national average wage, never took apenny other than child bebefit, oh and free school milk when it was given to all.

KW

i think you missed my point. not saying you havent earned it merely that unless you have all your pension in a bank account your money will have been spent by the government long ago mostly same with private pensions as well.

we all live in a giant ponzi scheme that relies on new workers (children) entering the system at the bottom. so the pension you receive will be taken off people working today. :/

let them all get tooled up, last man standing wins. :good:

There were a few questionable, masked 'london homeboys' on TV who look like they'd be lucky to survive making it to their GCSEs without stabbing someone, let alone surviving A-Levels and then making it to Uni. I have money on them having a few offensive weapons on them. ;)

Video will be posted if I can find it

thought it was funny as **** the other week the police contained them in a corden and kept them there about ten hours in temperatures about freezing the spark was soon put out of there protests when they got abit cold and started bleeting on about human rites AGAIN.it amazed me how many there was out and about before midday .it must just be me with a problem with them lazy ,bone bleeding idle ,unwashed dishevelled layabouts, there i feel better now ........

This nation has dragged its' knuckles for quite a while now in many respects when compared to other countries in terms of culture and education.Just watch Booze Britain to see the extent of our education . The Soviets and N Koreans love people who think in terms of hard science as opposed to social issues . This country is skint because the bankers were unleashed on an avaricious public who took the bait too deep for any disgorger . I do not like to see police injured by the anarchist hangers on but deep down I want to see some kind of redress upon the financial insitutions of this country .

Putting up the tuition fees will only make things worse.

Easier to get cheaper labour if you all know what i mean.

i know its about time we stood together and get our voice heard but i feel we should have stood strong together years ago , but the protest will only get bad press,

Just a few down sides, all the police and damage gets paid for by certain people and its not college / university students or folks on benefits.

Its the people who have to worry about bills and getting up for work.

PS. dRuNkEn PoSt

They winge and complain about having to invest in their own future, but once qualified and working, would probably think nothing of getting large mortgages to invest in a property. Make them pay the lot, they do their degrees for selfish reasons, certainly not for my benefit. Don't want to say for something or think You can't afford it? Then don't do it, just like the rest of us. Furthermore, how come the lazy **** have about four months off every year? Give them the same leave as the rest of us, then maybe these degrees wouldn't take as long and they could then save a bit of money. Lazy workshy tosspots.

Edited by Pastiebap