Which Flapper

Cosd

OK, have decided to get myself a flapper.

Which one would you reccomend?

If any, what type of controller? (Speed, intermittent timer, remote)

The UKSW one looks to have good reviews, but there's also the Turbo Flapper???

Anyone tried both who can compare?

Thanks guys

Yup Cosd, have tried both. The turbo flapper is better, but like everything, costs more.

Years ago I had one of those manual ones on a pull string. Worked really well if you just gave it two flaps, any more and the birds veered off. I have intermittant timers, but I have experienced the same thing with the birds veering away as the flapping continues for about 7 seconds. I am experimenting with a button and wire out to the flapper from the hide so that it can be a shorter flap. Will report back with my results. :yes::yes:

OK, have decided to get myself a flapper.

Which one would you reccomend?

If any, what type of controller? (Speed, intermittent timer, remote)

The UKSW one looks to have good reviews, but there's also the Turbo Flapper???

Anyone tried both who can compare?

Thanks guys

If you go for a turbo flapper pm me can get you a better deal mate :good:

i got a remote for my flapper stopped working first day out. sent it back had it replaced but it is a pain i the *** even when working unless i have it 10yds out if i have it out the distance i should i spook more pigeons sticking me arm over the hide trying to turn the poxy thing on or off waste of money in my opinion i have an intermitant timer now much better.

I have a UKSW flapper and it works fine for me and the birds seem to like it.

I made up an on/off switch for it and short bursts seem to work the best.

A friend has a turbo flapper and believes that the very fast flapping looks like a bird in distress , or a spooked bird about to take off, he doesn't rate it.

I must admit it does look a bit frantic, but I have never seen it at work myself.

I have an old uksw flapper and only did any good with it in conjunction with a magnet. I've been given a turbo flapper for christmas, and hope to try the old slow uksw flapper with the turbo. I must admit, the turbo does look far more realistic.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my new toy today!

Turbo flapper and remote control unit. After reading advice here and other threads decided to go for a remote instead of an intermittent timer on the basis that you don't want the intermittent timer switching on as birds are about to or have already committed to the pattern. I can flick the flapper on and off as I please also saving battery life. I'm guessing my 1.5amp batteries should last me a full days decoying whilst the days are shorter.

Flapper seems well built and has a quality finish.

Can't wait to try it out now in the field!!

Cheers for the tips lads

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it out the other day and very pleased with it. Was a quiete day to be fair but what was about did respond well to the flapper.

Better trial next Sunday on some rape hopefully.

My tiny 1.5amp battery lasted the whole day from 8:00am till 4:00pm, very pleased with that as it's a nice bit of kit that fits in the bucket. And with the small battery doesn't add much weight.