Pigeon Breasts

ollie

I have 14 pigeon breast in the fridge and I am wondering what I should do with them. I would like to try burgers again and was gonna mix the pigeon mince with minced beef and possibly a couple of fresh chopped chillis; what do you think? The last time I made pigeon & apple burgers I didn't like them so I am open to suggestions.

I have 14 pigeon breast in the fridge and I am wondering what I should do with them. I would like to try burgers again and was gonna mix the pigeon mince with minced beef and possibly a couple of fresh chopped chillis; what do you think? The last time I made pigeon & apple burgers I didn't like them so I am open to suggestions.

Not enough fat in them to make burgers,breasts are ideal for quick cooking and using in salads or as part of a warm salad ie warm leeks and mushrooms,you can cut the gamey taste with a sweet homemade pickle,or a bit cheffy is to serve with celeriac coleslaw

I too wasn't impressed with the pigeon/apple burger because the meat was too lean. I later did some with 70% pigeon and 30% sausage meat and they were great.

One recipe I like to do is to cut the breast into thin strips and marinade in a chinese style mix that I got from MAKRO. One minute marinade then flash fry and put it in a flour wrap with anything that takes my fancy.

Edited by stripey999

Fry in very hot pan, 2 mins each side, slice and serve on salad leaves dressed in ceasar dressing, crispy bacon, croutons and parmisan shavings very good.

or

Thin strips dip in soy sauce/dry sherry, roll in a mix of seasoned plain and cornflour and deep fry until golden. Serve with a asian style lemon sauce or just stir fry. great.