Did I here that rights surgeons overtime payments

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's overtime payments.

They average about £200 per 4 hour 'shift' so £50 an hour.

That's less than half what a certain 'pestie' on here gets per hour, for just giving advice.

They work an average 10 shifts per week, so 40 hrs in an operating theatre making life and death decisions every day.

Money well spent I reckon. :yes:

Yes we earn £200 for a four hour stint, but it never is four hours its always longer, no extra pay and we have never asked for it.

The problem is the management, they screwed it up years ago, basically we were paid a reasonable wage for the nature of our jobs and were ok with that but the management came in and said you lot are out playing golf not working a 40 hour week, we said no most of us put in 60 to 80 hours with no extra pay. they being second rate management said nobody would do that for free judging us by their standards, therefore you will work 40 hours and we will pay you above rates. Problem was all the free work then wasnt done as we said, ok we will work your system and prove it. all of a sudden they have to pay overtime to cover the work.

The management of the NHS is bringing it to its knees, dont blame the Drs and Nurses.

Yes I earn a very good wage but dont forget I earn less than most lawyers etc, I didnt get my first pay packet until I was 28 and that was peanuts for the first eight years, I worked over a hundred hours a week during that time.

as for the comments from dustem dave I give up. what a cock as James May might say.

PS my wife a BA Captain earns a lot more than me as do the majority of professions.

all the best

doc :yes:

Edited by docholiday

The spotty swots from school are having the last laugh.

Note to self and to own children - "pay more attention in school" :lol:

Perhaps if OTH had paid more attention at school he could have been one of the ones commanding such a high salary.

But then again I doubt it

Manchesters chief executive earns 100K more than the PM.

Although consultants in the NHS do some overtime free (contractual), £1000 for four hours is a pretty good wage. The average overtime paid over at least 50% of NHS trusts is £ 100K per consultant.

The NHS is in crisis, consultants say they have to work overtime, as managers have cocked up and there are waiting list targets.

In my very humble opinion, claiming so much in overtime and costing the NHS its millions, which could be reallocated to hips, eye ops, cancer drugs, etc is wrong.

I never claimed all my allowed expenses for overtime or meals etc when I worked, as I only wanted to recover what it cost me.

I worked in Local Government.

There are people who will always want the money, for them, ethics are for poor people.

A relative is a conbsultant in the NHS, he says he gets paid enough for his needs and does overtime for nowt.

I admire him and his ethics which he does not compromise. he came from a poor family so knows what its all about.

Compassion and a service ethic have no cost and are never charged for.

Yes, exceptionally for me who does not easily express strong opinion, I think its morally unjustifiable or if you prefer, disgusting.

Edited by Kes

I know a lot of footballers who'd love to earn that sort of money.

Just an example. Wonder how many surgeons could be paid using a premierships team wage bill.

I know who I would prefer to be putting my puddings back into my body in the right order after an serious accident. :thumbs:

Just an example. Wonder how many surgeons could be paid using a premierships team wage bill.

Quite a few I should think.

However football clubs are private businesses and pay the going rate for players. They're funded by supporters and sponsors, not the taxpayer.

I should think the average Premiership player pays enough in tax and NI to fund several surgeons though, so it's not like they're not doing their bit.

Manchesters chief executive earns 100K more than the PM.

Although consultants in the NHS do some overtime free (contractual), £1000 for four hours is a pretty good wage. The average overtime paid over at least 50% of NHS trusts is £ 100K per consultant.

The NHS is in crisis, consultants say they have to work overtime, as managers have cocked up and there are waiting list targets.

In my very humble opinion, claiming so much in overtime and costing the NHS its millions, which could be reallocated to hips, eye ops, cancer drugs, etc is wrong.

I never claimed all my allowed expenses for overtime or meals etc when I worked, as I only wanted to recover what it cost me.

I worked in Local Government.

There are people who will always want the money, for them, ethics are for poor people.

A relative is a conbsultant in the NHS, he says he gets paid enough for his needs and does overtime for nowt.

I admire him and his ethics which he does not compromise. he came from a poor family so knows what its all about.

Compassion and a service ethic have no cost and are never charged for.

Yes, exceptionally for me who does not easily express strong opinion, I think its morally unjustifiable or if you prefer, disgusting.

as usual people get it wrong

its £200 four the four hours, but if you want to give me £2000 I will take it, i see you said you worked in local goverment, yup I can believe that

doc

Yes we earn £200 for a four hour stint, but it never is four hours its always longer, no extra pay and we have never asked for it.

The problem is the management, they screwed it up years ago, basically we were paid a reasonable wage for the nature of our jobs and were ok with that but the management came in and said you lot are out playing golf not working a 40 hour week, we said no most of us put in 60 to 80 hours with no extra pay. they being second rate management said nobody would do that for free judging us by their standards, therefore you will work 40 hours and we will pay you above rates. Problem was all the free work then wasnt done as we said, ok we will work your system and prove it. all of a sudden they have to pay overtime to cover the work.

The management of the NHS is bringing it to its knees, dont blame the Drs and Nurses.

Yes I earn a very good wage but dont forget I earn less than most lawyers etc, I didnt get my first pay packet until I was 28 and that was peanuts for the first eight years, I worked over a hundred hours a week during that time.

as for the comments from dustem dave I give up. what a cock as James May might say.

PS my wife a BA Captain earns a lot more than me as do the majority of professions.

all the best

doc :yes:

That explains how much do I need to retire question.

Cheers OTH

when YOU have to your boy on the slab and THEY save his leg and his life you will not begrudge them one penny,if you want to have a go at overpaid ***** then look no further than solicotors,bankers,lots of cival servants,euro mp's,but a surgeon,who spends most of his life studying through school,training to be a doctor and whatever else they have to do,they have earnt it,don't make me :angry:, pick on a real wage rapist