Is my phone being tapped?

Frenchieboy

I don't know if there are any telephone engineers on here that can help with a problem I have on my landline. The problem only started yesterday but I can't work it out. When I pick my phone up the dialing tone is completely different from normal - It has the normal dialing tone but it also has a slightly quieter "dual alternating tone" in the background of it. Another thing that I have noticed is that the call timer now starts as soon as I pick the phone up rather than how it ought to by starting only when someone answers the number I am dialing. I did have a problem calling my landline yesterday from my mobile but that is OK.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to if there is some sort of a "bug" that could be effecting out phone which might ultimately effect our phone bill?

:lol:

Is there any reason why the authorities would have any interest in your telephone calls?

I would have thought that modern telephone tapping of digital communications doesn't involve any clunks or clicks or funny noises through the phone.

As they say, "just because you are a paranoid mentalist, it doesn't mean they're not actually out to get you".

yes sounds like they're onto you, look out the window is there a car up the street that you don't recognize with a fella sat in it reading the paper, do you get a sense of being watched, even when your in the shower, when you go to the pub is there a quiet bloke sat in the corner watching you

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You are definitely being tapped and need to act quickly. Do not answer the phone or make any calls, close your curtains, bolt your doors and block the chimney. If you go out make sure you're wearing a hood and dark glasses and never use the same route twice.

Use anti-surveillance measures and if you think you are being followed then take pictures of any subjects you suspect are part of the 'tail'.

Do not, under any circumstances, inform the authorities. Trust no-one. You need to find out who's behind it yourself and terminate them all. Be careful :yp:

I don't know if there are any telephone engineers on here that can help with a problem I have on my landline. The problem only started yesterday but I can't work it out. When I pick my phone up the dialing tone is completely different from normal - It has the normal dialing tone but it also has a slightly quieter "dual alternating tone" in the background of it. Another thing that I have noticed is that the call timer now starts as soon as I pick the phone up rather than how it ought to by starting only when someone answers the number I am dialing. I did have a problem calling my landline yesterday from my mobile but that is OK.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to if there is some sort of a "bug" that could be effecting out phone which might ultimately effect our phone bill?

Might be the carpet police :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

It certainly won't be a car - it's usully one of those yankie vans with blacked out windows and ladders on roof - I have heard that each individual is being checked for homophobic tendencies.

Once you get your house battened down see if you have a socket like this where your line comes in house

http://www.telkominternational.com/index.asp?m=1&cat=45&scat=114&sscat=380&t=+Internal%2BCommunications+Line+Jack+Units+Network+Trminating+Equipment

If so undo two screws and gently pull bottom part off there will be wires terminated on back if you have extensions so gently - then get one of your phones and plug it in socket you see on backplate - if all sounds fine then it's your internal wiring -- If you report a fault BT will ask you to take that plate off so they can test line - if it's OK saves you a lot of money not having an engineer visit. The of course you have to sort your internal wiring.

One other thing are you using BB from your phone sockets - if check the filters - in fact before you do any of above unplug all phones and filters - then check your dial tone on master socket -if it still sounds funny then take front plate off

Dave

Dave

Don't use your own car either, it'll have a tracker attached. Steal a car and use that but you'll need a new one for each and every trip if you're to evade them properly.

Either that or try one of these:

They're invisible :good:

Edited by Bagsy

Frenchie - this could be serious mate! You need to get out to the gun shop fast and stock up on ammo for your rifles. Also buy a pick and shovel. When you return home take your rifle and ammo into the most secure room in the house and start digging an escape tunnel to the garden shed. That way when they pounce you can make your escape, blindly firing as you run!

Don't waste any time. DO IT NOW!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please allow me to state the following points!

I'm not an active member of the resistance even though I do watch and enjoy "Ello Ello" on Sky GOLD, (does that count?)

I always stand up for the National Anthem!

I do not support Bristol Rovers!

I have never intentionally shot and killed any innocent animal - They are all guilty of something as far as I am concerned!

I am most definitely not paranoid and I do not have an over active imagination - I know for certain and without the slightest of doubt that "The Truth Is Out There" and that because of that they are going to try to hush me up!

I have found an old chewed up piece of chewing gum stuck to my desk near the phone, should I check that in case it is a bug in disguise?

It's only my wife that I have heard accusing me of being a trouble maker and an antagonist (Usually when I break wind in bed and hold her head under the duvet).

I've have had to take positive and agressive action so I have spoken to Sky (My phone providers) and they have confirmed that it is not my imagination, there is definitely something in the form of an unusual tone on my phone, and they have admitted to me what it is:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It is telling me that I have a "Voice Mail"!

DURRRRRRRRRRR! :lol::blush::lol: