RIP Gary Moore

Supersonic

Yes very sad. What was the cause? Alcohol related I shouldn't wonder. Many of his contemporaries have gone the same way. Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, Brian Connelly. Mick Tucker to name but a few.

I met him a couple of times in the early 80s, he seemed a very mild mannered and unassuming man but the pressures of the industry are killing.

Edited by Vince Green

Headphones on, turn up the volume............Enjoy

RIP

Amazing memories for me as I was actually at that concert. Hammersmith Odeon 1990 if my memory is correct.. Ive never ever seen that clip, didnt even know it existed.... thanks for posting it up Poontang, amazing... :yes:

I was 32 and my Brother and his wife who lived in Fulham at the time had tickets but she decided to give birth 2 weeks early so I went in his place with my best mate.

Everyone agreed that at that time Albert King was one the best Blues Guitarist around and Moore certainly the best white blues Guitarist outside of America. 2 years later and King was dead and Moore moved up the list but still was never really that popular in the States.

Died in his sleep apparently.. :( Great loss as still plenty of life left in that axe

Incidently we thought we were going to see B B King and not Albert King...but we werent dissapointed.

Died in his sleep apparently.. :( Great loss as still plenty of life left in that axe

A huge loss, and an exceptional talent.

His stuff with Albert King, BB King, and Albert Collins was fantastic, and great to see the old blues players giving him the recognition he deserved.

It was listening to Hendrix that got him into playing, and while many have tried to emulate Hendrix's style and feel very few came close, though I think Moore does a fantastic rendition of 'Red House' here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYjEMTQRm0

Very very sad news indeed.

IMHO Gary was one of the best blues guitarists of all time, up there with Peter Green, Clapton, BB King etc.

Saw him live in 2009 and couldn't wait to see him again... Now its not to be.

The VHS of an early 90s gig with Gary and BB King as his guest is the one of the most treasured things I have...

RIP.