General Interest- Humane dispatch

masterzone2

Its something I hear of and read about ALOT and there are said to be 65000+ civilians using them.

So seriously who has a humane dispatch pistol here?

(and this thread/subject is not for idiots who want to bang on about how you don't/shouldn't have one!!!!)

Additional note don't (if you actually have one) say anything if you feel or know you firearms (pistol) security

will be compromised but stating your owner ship.

I am only interested as I hear of so many people having them YET have never met who has.

Well, think about it this way.

Think about the number of slaughterhouses within the united kingdom, then the amount of slaughterman that the might hire - that would account for a good ten thousand at least.

Then, you'd want to consider everyone else that deals with livestock (Such as farmers, stable hands, vets, etc) who might want some sort of 'Humane dispatch' tool, it's not really all that big a number.

The only person I know who holds a non captive bolt pistol (it.s a .357 or something similar) is someone who has spent a few decades as a Deerstalker, and through multiple applications to the police had a section 5 pistol granted for special purposes (Putting Deer down by the roadside, and when they are in awkward locations ((Such as a storm drain, was one example)).

Edited by Bleeh

my old man has a humane killer, but probably wouldn't float your boat masterzone its a tool rather than something to play with :yes:

not many people have a real reason to have one personally roadside despatch of deer a .410 is better, I've seen what happens when a free bullet hits a kerb stone and it even made the plod in attendance duck :)

my old man has a humane killer, but probably wouldn't float your boat masterzone its a tool rather than something to play with :yes:

not many people have a real reason to have one personally roadside despatch of deer a .410 is better, I've seen what happens when a free bullet hits a kerb stone and it even made the plod in attendance duck :)

Spot on. Very few people have a real reason but there's plenty that want one.

If you want humane dispatch and a tool for a job, a .410 shotgun with No. 6 shot at 6" will do it.

Masterzone I think uve the wrong end of the stick,the 65k u mention is currently the amount of legally held pistols issued by the government for personal protection,ex n.I. Politicians and police,former deep cover operatives,ex military etc......this number includes some 5k plus personal carry licences,the others are only to be kept at home.I know 2 people who have such licences, The amount of humane dispatch pistols in circulation to deer stalkers I'm unsure of,but the figure is in the hsc cumbria report recently published.......I think its less than 6k I may be wrong. Hope this answers ure question.

Spot on. Very few people have a real reason but there's plenty that want one.

If you want humane dispatch and a tool for a job, a .410 shotgun with No. 6 shot at 6" will do it.

I agree with mungler, but how many people who would want a pistol, but then go on to buy and use a 410, actually have it printed on their licence and could therefore use it for humane dispatch,in any circumstance, ie a wounded deer at side of road

mine states Im allowed to dispatch ANY ANIMAL if in connection with pest control, or to stop suffering and give a humane death

The condition on my cert says,

The .22 and .22 ammunition shall be used (only) in connection with the HUMANE KILLING OF ANIMALS in their duties as a gamekeeper.

The .375 and .375 ammunition shall be used (only) in connection with the HUMANE KILLING OF ANIMALS in their duties as a gamekeeper.

I was issued .22 after asking for humane dispatch to be applied to my .22 rifle the .357 being too much gun in most situations I was told in no circumstance would they do this but they would approve a .22 pistol :blink:

It does however state in my contract of employment that I am responsible for fallen stock and that was taken into account on both applications.

Yes I have .32 free bullet single shot humane killer, we have 2 in the practice and 2 FAC holders. I have both listed on my cert so I can take either [keep one at my house]. I am a vet, most large animal vets will have access to a means of shooting cattle or sheep if they have an accident and need to enter the food chain.

Pistol shooting was something I had a BIG interest in doing before that pervert

screwed it up for the whole country.

Along with that 2 faced, lying tool known as Blair and his gang of crooks.

Then to come across information (which may or not be correct) that there a large number of them

in private hands (NOT counting vets, universities (physics dept) coppers etc)

I was just interested to know.

May I ask which force issued your FAC?

Also In another post about that Savvas bloke It may appear now

under case law police forces cannot refuse them under H&S or fear of being sued

because someone has got injured through the lack of an HD Pistol.

Again I should like to add that this post is out of interest oppose

to loop hole hunting- and guns to play with? think people need some time

on the drill square firearms= sporting equipment or required tool.

May I ask which force issued your FAC?

Also In another post about that Savvas bloke It may appear now

under case law police forces cannot refuse them under H&S or fear of being sued

because someone has got injured through the lack of an HD Pistol.

Again I should like to add that this post is out of interest oppose

to loop hole hunting- and guns to play with? think people need some time

on the drill square firearms= sporting equipment or required tool.

Dorset issued mine but I know a keeper in Gloucester and 1 in Wiltshire all the others are Dorset :good:

I asked Essex police for a pistola for humane dispatch. Well, I asked for a pair of pistolas -you can't pull off Yul Brynner in the Magnificent Seven with only one pistola, innit.

It was all academic really, Essex offered me captive bolt for humane dispatch and I explained that when Bobby De niro was dispatching those street punks in Taxi Driver and giving it large in front of the mirror, he wasn't using a captive bolt. Nah, only a pussy or people who actually needed a tool for humane dispatch would be interested in that.

So I told them to shove it up their *****.

It's not that I have an unhealthy obsession with handguns, for example:

1. I could mention the name Tony Blair in a conversation about labour abandoning the common ownership of the means of production and exchange and without veering off into a rant about how he took away "my precious" [sic. hand guns]

2. If I was listening to the telly on a low volume and Baking Made Easy came on with that fit black totty (just to clarify for the men of Suffolk, that's not Ainsley I'm talking about) and I misheard "wash and peel the currents before baking into a bun" into "they're going to repeal the hand gun ban" I wouldn't feel the need to rush on here and start a thread about the possibility of there being a repeal of the handgun ban such that "my precious" [sic. hand guns] would be returned to me

3. I can engage in conversation with anyone about the USA and don't feel the need to point out:

(i). an armed society is a polite society

(ii). the US has the lowest level of burglary because of the proliferation of handguns in that society

(iii). how the US is a great place and the last time I went there I dumped a fortune firing off a whole load of hand guns at a tourist range [and then lead the conversation into the handgun ban, how I had handguns before the handgun ban and how I miss my handguns]

4. I wouldn't need to investigate every aspect of the requirements that must be met to obtain a pistol for humane dispatch notwithstanding that I am not a vet, farmer, herdsman, butcher, slaughterhouse operator or indeed anyone that actually needs a tool for humane dispatch.

Hell, if I couldn't pull off 1-4 people might look at my previous posts and topics started and think I might be a bit of a nut nut with an unhealthy fascination for hand guns.

I'll just stick to my long barrel pistols and pretend they don't have really long barrels or metal frame stock extension. After all, Angel Eyes in a Few Dollars More had a long barrelled pistol didn't he.

Edited by Mungler

I asked Essex police for a pistola for humane dispatch. Well, I asked for a pair of pistolas -you can't pull off Yul Brynner in the Magnificent Seven with only one pistola, innit.

It was all academic really, Essex offered me captive bolt for humane dispatch and I explained that when Bobby De niro was dispatching those street punks in Taxi Driver and giving it large in front of the mirror, he wasn't using a captive bolt. Nah, only a pussy or people who actually needed a tool for humane dispatch would be interested in that.

So I told them to shove it up their *****.

It's not that I have an unhealthy obsession with handguns, for example:

1. I could mention the name Tony Blair in a conversation about labour abandoning the common ownership of the means of production and exchange and without veering off into a rant about how he took away "my precious" [sic. hand guns]

2. If I was listening to the telly on a low volume and Baking Made Easy came on with that fit black totty (just to clarify for the men of Suffolk, that's not Ainsley I'm talking about) and I misheard "wash and peel the currents before baking into a bun" into "they're going to repeal the hand gun ban" I wouldn't feel the need to rush on here and start a thread about the possibility of there being a repeal of the handgun ban such that "my precious" [sic. hand guns] would be returned to me

3. I can engage in conversation with anyone about the USA and don't feel the need to point out:

(i). an armed society is a polite society

(ii). the US has the lowest level of burglary because of the proliferation of handguns in that society

(iii). how the US is a great place and the last time I went there I dumped a fortune firing off a whole load of hand guns at a tourist range [and then lead the conversation into the handgun ban, how I had handguns before the handgun ban and how I miss my handguns]

4. I wouldn't need to investigate every aspect of the requirements that must be met to obtain a pistol for humane dispatch notwithstanding that I am not a vet, farmer, herdsman, butcher, slaughterhouse operator or indeed anyone that actually needs a tool for humane dispatch.

Hell, if I couldn't pull off 1-4 people might look at my previous posts and topics started and think I might be a bit of a nut nut with an unhealthy fascination for hand guns.

I'll just stick to my long barrel pistols and pretend they don't have really long barrels or metal frame stock extension. After all, Angel Eyes in a Few Dollars More had a long barrelled pistol didn't he.

Get it off your chest now mungler, go on now, don't hold back :lol: