Ashley Cole shooting

poontang

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The post reported does not give a date when it happened, (that I can see). However following in the wake of the airgun shootings in Scotland its just more bad press generated by muppets, including Cole who are NOT shooters. These outsider idiots are going to get our sport banned or at least severley restricted.

And what sort of moron stands his wife against a fence (if its true) while he & his mates see who can get the closest without hitting her.

Who loses?? those too far away or those who overcooked..........morons, idiots, muppets, cretins, brain dead social misfits. Can't think of anymore without becoming expletive.

YES the police should be involved and Cole should have it shoved right up his **** with 3 - 5 yrs

Rant over

ATB

Bri

Four Wheel Drive

I think your running on 2 wheels if I've read your post correctly. As you are on here I assume your a shooter.

As an airgunner you may have shot the usual quarry and will have seen the damage produced, do you think the human body is any less vunerable to the kind of energy that puts a pellet though a rats head. you may have also amused your self, as we all have, in plinking at various ranges. Therefore you will have seen how a pellet rips up beer cans/bottles/bottle tops etc etc.

Now campare the above damage you must have seen to what potentially could happen to the vulnerable parts of a human body. Eyes, throat, jugular, carotid artery, nuts in a fella to mention a few.. They are not toys regardles of how they are regarded in other countries.

If I have taken your post wrongly....then apologies unlimited.

:no:

.... After reading this, airgun licensing is starting to sound more appealing.

It seems to me that the media in this country has so poisoned even the legitimate shooter's minds in this country that everyone has to be politically correct for fear of loosing the rite to have guns at all as I see it the problem with people in this country is they now little about guns as the culture in recent years has been all guns are bad so people do not now how to handle guns as they have not as they would in most other country's ( I'm not talking about City folk that just wont guns to kill each other ) been educated in there use not condemned as some kind of nutter if you wont to shoot as a sport. Oh and I'm shore that you will get your wish all to soon just so that when they do ban them as they shortly will then they will now where to come and get them to melt down.

It seems to me that the media in this country has so poisoned even the legitimate shooter's minds in this country that everyone has to be politically correct for fear of loosing the rite to have guns at all as I see it the problem with people in this country is they now little about guns as the culture in recent years has been all guns are bad so people do not now how to handle guns as they have not as they would in most other country's ( I'm not talking about City folk that just wont guns to kill each other ) been educated in there use not condemned as some kind of nutter if you wont to shoot as a sport. Oh and I'm shore that you will get your wish all to soon just so that when they do ban them as they shortly will then they will now where to come and get them to melt down.

I'd say 98% of responsible shooters in this country would agree that an air rifle is lethal in the wrong hands, and a safety concious attitude is required when using them - There have been a number of fatalities involving air weapons in this country in the last few years due to the simple fact they are not toys - The fact that people have died from their injuries would give some indication of the damage that can be done.

I do agree with you that the media has poisoned the general public's view of our sport, but do not agree that shooters have been poisoned too - I started shooting 20 years ago before the 'anti-gun' lobbyists started appearing, first with air rifles, then shotguns and now rifles and even back then as a 10 year old I was certainly under no illusion what I was using was a toy, but then I had a 'country lifestyle' and was raised around all type of guns.

I was always against any form of licensing of air weapons until I started reading some of the posts on this forum, one that seems to stick in my mind was about using a 12ft/lb airgun as a foxing tool. I would suggest the people who have an unrealistic understanding of both the limitations and potential capabilities of their 'toys' are the ones who will eventually add to the negative publicity of our sport.

Edited by Katash

I cannot believe guys such as four wheel drive making comments like 'its only an air rifle' as if its ok, I bet the tree huggers who spy on us are recording these for future reference :angry:

12ft lb rifles have already killed several people in similar circumstances! Have you any idea how hard a .22 'hard lead' pellet hits at 5 feet, what about zinc pellets, they got right through a rabbits head at 30 yards ! Its actions of the Coles and offhand comments like the above that will ruin air rifle shooting for the rest of us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/27/ashley-cole-chelsea-air-rifle

Didn't think one needed to press charges in these matters and it was up the Police CPS to decide.

if it was`nt reported to the police and the Chelsea medical sorted it out and not a general hospital,i imagine the police inquiries will come up against a closed door

Edited by duncan

I do love a good argument the point that I was trying to make is that people have an irrational fear of firearms in general and a gun in the wrong hands is no more dangerous that say a car a fool in a car can kill no end of people playing rugby is dangerous cricket is dangerous just going in to town on a Friday night is dangerous just do not get it out of proportion. and there is no reason to go insulting other people just because you may not agree with them or are you planing on tacking up politics.

What a total ****. Why on earth did he take it to work? If I did that I'd be dismissed instantly!!! And criminal proceedings bought against me.

These poxy footballers are role models ad supposed to be professional sports people. They swan about doing what they like braking all sorts of laws and nothing happens. There all a joke. They have no grasp on reality. It amazes me how the authorities let them get away with it. If I shoot a someone anywhere let alone at work it would be the book heading my way. A total joke.

As for "it's only a air rifle" come round here and let me shoot you with mine. Mmmmmmmm!!!

The man is obviously a tool just pure stupidity. Even if air rifles were licensed he would probably have been able to get a license.It wouldnt surprise me If the bloke has a shotgun license.Now that is scary!! So licensing wouldnt have stopped this.I know ignorance is no defense but that is exactly what will get him off. The world is unfair and unfortunately because he is a well paid sportsman I doubt anything will happen to him. The media either needs some education or needs to be taken to task over misinformation of the general public.

Dont things like this just **** you off :angry:

Cole's already proved he's a skiplicker of the highest order when he binned wor Cheryl, a lady I'd leopard crawl over a pile of Afghan's flip flops just so she could urinate on me.

you *** reading that has just knacked my day right up ................................................................................

why ?????????????????????

because i,m not goin to be able to get that thought/picture out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::D