Are truck drivers born stupid

DSPUK

Impatient and ignorant car drivers who think they are Royalty boil my **** :rolleyes:

Undertaking, overtaking on bends because they are in a rush, hog the middle lane on a motorway and wont move over :angry:

Lorries take ages to overtake, theres a reason, so stop being so narrow minded, and be a bit more patient :good:

you've got a point, but it's the cocks that decide to pull out when you're over taking them that annoys me.i can sit behind a lorry why'll the numpty in the lorry wants to have a race for three miles trying to get past the other numpty that has'nt got the brains to let the first **** past.the fact that they think they're bigger so can pull out on you that really annoy me, the driver i followed into service station did'nt think he was that big after locking himself into his cab :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've got a point, but it's the cocks that decide to pull out when you're over taking them that annoys me.i can sit behind a lorry why'll the numpty in the lorry wants to have a race for three miles trying to get past the other numpty that has'nt got the brains to let the first **** past.the fact that they think they're bigger so can pull out on you that really annoy me, the driver i followed into service station did'nt think he was that big after locking himself into his cab :D

Or was doing the right thing maybe trying to avoiding a punchup maybe he was a gun owner who didnt want to risk his licence .

Cheers Cookie

and they normally pick their moment while comming upto a hill so end up with 2 dozen cars stacked up behind them for what seems like ages.

Has it ever occurred to you that the hill might be the reason why another lorry over takes :rolleyes:

If every lorry just sat behind the fully loaded waggon doing 20mph up hill, the traffic ques would go on for miles :rolleyes:

i can sit behind a lorry why'll the numpty in the lorry wants to have a race for three miles trying to get past the other numpty that has'nt got the brains to let the first **** past.the fact that they think they're bigger so can pull out on you that really annoy me,

Thats it mate, they are all numpties just wanting to race each other for miles :rolleyes:

Or was doing the right thing maybe trying to avoiding a punchup maybe he was a gun owner who didnt want to risk his licence .

Cheers Cookie

not sure about that after giving me the big one flashing me and giving me plenty of sign langauge and i used my horn passing to let him know i was peed off.but he sure was crapping himself in his cab :lol: .anyway it was before my accident and i never got my sgc until after my accident so losing my guns never went through my head :P

I would like to say the point of post was why does the second truck sit 2ft from rear of front truck knowing full well he has no chance of over taking first one - I have drummed it into my wife that if she is not going to overtake anyone in front of her to leave a gap amply big enough for anyone in a car to over take - she will of course be following a truck or slow moving vehicle- so if she doesn't feel she can do it she leaves room for someone who can. - I am not a slouch but I will hesitate at passing two trucks on a single carrageway even when I know the road. - In effect on this occasion I blame the front truck driver for not backing off slightly - just 2mph isn't going to hurt his time and he can slipstream the one that's passed him to go as fast as the other one - if you see what I mean - I have sat for 6 miles on M54 following a truck race - I can say if I was Plod I would pull first truck over and do them for obstruction or something similar. grrrrrrrr.

I did watch the Eddie Stobart prog and I do know their job is a hard one and they are tracked from ahole to breakfast time but just a bit of common sense would be appreciated.

dave

ps White van men are not a problem - they will pass anything whether it's safe to do so or not :huh:

Edited by DSPUK

Only us White Van Men can drive, everyone else are terrible drivers an should only be allowed out between midnight and 6AM :good:

(That should do the trick)

For work, I love night driving! Little traffic on the roads = good mpg = more profit! Plus there's normally an enhancement for night rates :good:

Duncan.

believe me,****** are universal.

Ain't that the truth. :yes:

It's not the lorries that make me wonder.

Why when a lorry doing 54 is being overtaken by a lorry doing 56 on the motor way, do all the car drivers in the out side lane slow down to 58 - 60 to overtake them?

And result is an equally frustrating tail back :mad:

My old transit white van was terrible on motorways. When fully loaded it would just do 70mph, but just show it a hill and it almost stopped, I had to get a good run at hills, all would be going fine and dandy, until I met up with Ethel plodding along at 50...couldn't overtake so ended up stuck behind the old bat, dropping down into third just to keep moving: HGV's have to put up with this just about everywhere, hence the need to overtake, even when they can only go a few mph faster. Just wait a few seconds, or even a full minute, You will soon catch up. :good:

i find these comments typical of the moron car drivers,.

who have to get passed trucks no matter what.

funny how i see more dead screeming trapped car drivers than truck drivers.

what you seem to forget truck drivers are on a time limit and against the clock.

bigest part of motorway accidents where a lorry is involved jackknifed is because the lorry driver has had to brake hard and fast to avoid killing some moron in a car with kids that has just overtaken him and braked hard infront of hin at the 100m marker or the like

yes i will agree that there are some bad lorry drivers but they are far out numbered by bmw forsprung idiots. with the intelagent safety systems they whant to see how clever it is beleave me when it meets 44ton it dont stand a hope in hell i have driven lorrys for 20years and probably done more miles in reverse than most of you have done in forward.

tin hat on take cover against the pi88 poor car drivers

Only us White Van Men can drive, everyone else are terrible drivers an should only be allowed out between midnight and 6AM :good:

(That should do the trick)

+1 :yes:

Especially if its leaving off time,you car owners better keep clear cause once the van is wound up it aint slowing down for nothing any gap will do and we aint worried about dents and scrapes as it adds to our score,oh and incase somone wants to chase us into a service station just remember the back is full of builders as well so you might get more than you bargained for :lol::lol::lol:

Now thats how to wind em up ;)

Remember this advice,'you lift,you lose' :o and thats on my certificate from rockingham,which forms part of all apprenticeships for builders. :D

Oh and have you car drivers any idea how long it takes to get back up to speed with a heavy vechicle :no:

+1 :yes:

just remember the back is full of builders as well so you might get more than you bargained for :lol::lol::lol:

Builders! ****!

I had to lift 2 vending machines from a 2nd story terrapin type building in September at the G-Mex development. No false modesty, but I'm used to lifting 100's of KG's through weights and power lifting (and through work).

These Machines that were to be collected (it turns out weighed approx 500kgs each).

Now, when I was a kid, builders were, by role defined, big, strong, resilient and a bit gung-ho when it came to using their strength.

The ones I and Nick met at the G-Mex were either skinny and physically useless, fat and physically useless or just plain useless.

"ooh, that looks heavy" etc comments were forthcoming but no help.

I shifted both units, totalling just over a metric ton with my 15 year old lad, lowered them down 2 flights of stairs and lifted them into the wagon with no more technology than muscle-power and the intelligent application of physics.

Builders? No physical threat whatsoever!

:lol::lol:

They just sat around drinking tea and saying how amazing it was that we could do what we were doing and how they wouldn't even think of trying to do it!

Things are not as they used to be. Either that or I'm a serious meat-head (sons vocab!).

Edited by The Duncan

Ever tried driving a HGV for 52 weeks of the year restricted to 56MPH max tight deadlines EG if you miss your loading slot you got to take it back .Which means the rest of your drops you have to pull them four pallets off to get to the other loads.

Taking your foot of the gas could make you have to drop right down though the box it a whole lot diffrent to your car driving I could go on.

Cheers Cookie

gears are like a tractors, i can drop down while pulling double silage trailers up a hill so ime shure you lot can!

I'm a class 2 license holder. I understand the point of having to sit behind a lorry overtaking another but as people have said that 2mph over a 300 mile journey is difference between making time slots and not. Ok car drivers get frustrated as they got schedules too but they can make there time up where as HGVs can't it's 56mph and thats it!!!

I do however agree that there are some right brain dead wagon drivers out there. HOWEVER I currently drive a Merc Sprinter which easily does 90mph (not that I do that of course!!) and I am constantly coming across brain dead half wit car drivers doing 65mph in the middle lane when road is clear!!!! Or rubber necking etc etc etc etc there good and bad in all. So let's all hug, kiss and make love not war. :) :) :)

I think the worse drivers are the school run mums

o and the pension day drivers who only get the car out on a Thursday

Mrs Sweepy of course is the perfect driver and has never put a foot wrong

behind the wheel of a car ;):yes:

Another lady here agreeing with Mrs Sweepy and the school run mums,they are certainly the worse . Whilst on the subject of truckers, those eastern block (left hand drive) make me very nervous when overtaking on the motorways on the motorbike,, we always give them two lanes clearance :o 'cause they deffo don't see us. :o from Auntie :huh:

Another lady here agreeing with Mrs Sweepy and the school run mums,they are certainly the worse . Whilst on the subject of truckers, those eastern block (left hand drive) make me very nervous when overtaking on the motorways on the motorbike,, we always give them two lanes clearance :o 'cause they deffo don't see us. :o from Auntie :huh:

And with good reason - a polish driver hit Mrs D from behind as he swerved out into lane 2 as he joined the motorway, spun he car 90 degrees and proceeded up the motorway (M6) with her car stuck sideways-on to his bumper for half a mile.

This was in a 50 limit and Mrs D was obeying the temp limit of 50 (as was everyone else).

The friver tried to blame her for driving to slow!

Fortunately, the whole incident was caught on Highways cameras, so no escaping justice :good:

Having said that, it's 9 months on now and insurance claims are still being fought out legally.

Horrid state of affairs.

Have the eastern europeans not heard of blindspot mirrors?

Duncan