Black puma

On one of the areas I shoot,I saw a large black cat about the size of a Labrador dog,It was about 150-170 yards away It was defiantly a cat as I was looking at it through my scope but did not take the shot because of the legality of shooting it.I have now been asked by the land owner of the adjoining land too shoot on his land as-well as it as been seen on his land and if I see it to shoot it, been onto FEO but they don"t know and will get back to me.I have a open ticket and a .243. Any advice?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While looking through beer goggles! :lol:

I still dont buy into the UK big cat thing.

I don't see why there shouldn't be big cats in the wild, more believable than a lunar landing anyway.

The issue I have is people claim to have seen then and then ask if they could shoot it. If I saw one when out shooting it would be deader than a dead thing and I would be on the front page of the Sun :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am now craving the sensation of the end of the barrels on my SxS to be touching the roof of my mouth.

ohh that a bit harsh Bleeh

personally i am a believer in big cats in the UK I just wish we could get one bagged as proof so fill yer boots GG

On one of the areas I shoot,I saw a large black cat about the size of a Labrador dog,It was about 150-170 yards away It was defiantly a cat as I was looking at it through my scope but did not take the shot because of the legality of shooting it.I have now been asked by the land owner of the adjoining land too shoot on his land as-well as it as been seen on his land and if I see it to shoot it, been onto FEO but they don"t know and will get back to me.I have a open ticket and a .243. Any advice?

.I have a open ticket and a .243. Any advice? shoot it lets see the photos PLEASE :good:

I don't see why there shouldn't be big cats in the wild, more believable than a lunar landing anyway.

The issue I have is people claim to have seen then and then ask if they could shoot it. If I saw one when out shooting it would be deader than a dead thing and I would be on the front page of the Sun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you're just being plain silly-it would be the News of the world and would liklely have sex,drugs and an airgun in the story too. ;)

Don"t think it is a feral cat the farmer got within 30 yards of it.

where this falls a little flat for me is the fact the farmer didn't run away in fear of his life, personally when confronted with a Lion / Puma / Tiger I would hot foot it unless very well armed.

I have seen ferals nearly lab size though and in the dark things sure play tricks on you

Am I the only sane one on this forum - it's quite clearly a werewolf and it savaged you and now you're going to be one of the walking dead, destined to roam the earth until someone puts a stake through your heart or stabs a spear in your achilles heal.

Trust me, I'm an evil legend expuuuuurt :yp:

I think you'll find it's silver bullets for the old werewolf syndrome. Stake through the heart Is for vamps ;)

Edited by huffhuff