Waiting For SGC... Impatient!!

Brilliant :(

Just rang Durham FLO again as no phone call from them as promised, according to them my doctors didn't get the request sent on the 27th and they have faxed it again today on a different number.

I now have to wait another 2 weeks until they see if they get a reply and then it should be processed. So if it all goes to plan it will have taken over twice as long as I was told by the FEO, almost 3 months :(

As I'm going to the USA at the end of the month I was hoping to take the rifle I want with me and spend some time at the range setting it up and testing various loads etc., no chance of that happening now as there's not enough time to get the paperwork sorted. If it's not sorted by the 28th I've asked them to hang on to the certificates as I don't want them sitting in the house while I'm away. My eldest son will be here but I'd rather have them in the gun or ammo safe and obviously he doesn't have access to those.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had the visit for co terminous renewal and variation i wondered how long leicestershire police are taking now as they used to be very fast ,So i contacted my FEO and he said that all is well with my paperwork but it is now in the hands of the girls in the firearms dept to print it out sign and post but there is only one full timer and one part timer in the office .

There used to be 5 full timers but now they have masses of backlogged certificates to finish off so it could be some weeks yet. :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by Andy H

SGC First Application.

Posted by hand – 25th February 2011 email confirmation they had it 1st March

FEO Visited –

Received –

Sent a polite email asking if everything was OK over the weekend, as yet no reply!

Called the FEO's office today!

He has just returned from a 2 week holiday and has a very large backlog, and renewals are taking priority.

On the plus side everything looks in order apparently!

I just have to wait until my app reaches the top of the pile.

Hopefully it will be within another 8 weeks in time for the summer hols!

Called the FEO's office today!

He has just returned from a 2 week holiday and has a very large backlog, and renewals are taking priority.

On the plus side everything looks in order apparently!

I just have to wait until my app reaches the top of the pile.

Hopefully it will be within another 8 weeks in time for the summer hols!

What a 'mare you are having getting this through..... I think I would have ripped my remaining strands of hair out if I had to wait this long!

Hope you get to the top real quick!

Normally when I get into something new I am like a dog with two playthings!

But from the start I have been quite relaxed about it all as there is a chance it may not be granted.

The annoying thing is I have the possible loan of about 6 guns if and when it does arrive!

And although I would like to get out more I feel a bit of a sponger just using others peoples kit!

North Yorks

SGC

took ages more than three months if i recall from start to finish as apparantly i got the worst time to apply because they were doing all the renewals however it took about a week and a half from the first visit then the next week she came and checked my cabinate and theen granted the cert :) really cannot fault them!

At Last :)

Got a couple of phone calls this morning asking if the .44 Magnum Long Barreled Revolver was a muzzle loader(?) and then another call asking if it was a pistol or revolver!. Picked up my tickets this afternoon and there's a mistake on the FAC, they have the .44 rifle down as "lever action" when I mentioned it she said "isn't that all they come in?" :(

Will take it back to be altered before I go on my hols on Friday, that way I won't miss the 2 weeks it takes to get the variation sorted. Also going to ask them why I didn't get the 1200/1000 I asked for on the 22 rimfire (gave me 600/500), as both my son and myself will be using it every week 500rnds will only last about 3 weeks.

Other than that, went to the gun club and picked up my first new toys :) a Steyr SSG-04 in .308 and a GSG-5 SD Titanium edition .22. Then bought powders and primers and now I'm ready to start loading ammo :D

Edited by phaedra1106

• 2 weeks later...

SGC Application in 1st week of February 2011

STILL waiting now on April 2nd

SO, 2 months and not even a home visit. :sly::/

The only way is Essex....

Waheyyyy happy days at long last,

Phoned up this morning to have a moan, was told they were in the post :hmm:

Both Certificates arrived 2.30pm this afternoon in the post :good::D

Got my letter today confirming I'm allowed a SGC, pending cabinet install. Got a mate and a drill coming tomorrow to help with that after buying from local store today (cheaper on the net but fishing/gun shop that I believe deserves to be in the street and helped me on gun fit last week).

I'll be calling the FAO first thing Monday to get booked in!

:good:

SGC First Application.

Posted by hand – 25th February 2011 email confirmation they had it 1st March

FEO Visited –

Received –

Sent a polite email asking if everything was OK over the weekend, as yet no reply!

OK I am now getting a bit irked!

Still no contact at all!

I will give it a week and ring again :look:

SGC Grant

Applied:1 Feb 11

FEO visit:23 Mar 11

Arrived:16 Apr 11

South Yorkshire Police

FEO mentioned that durations are expected to get longer for new applications as they (and their admin dept) are on shorter hours with limited/no overtime and renewals/variations generally take priority