cartridge bags

Dustem Dave

Hi guys it,s time for a new cartridge bag as mine is starting to show it,s age. Any recomendations,i usually lug 150-175 cartridges round,couple pairs glasses,cap,chokes spare batteries for ear defenders,drink etc, so something with a bit of space and side pockets for all the bits and bobs.

Aldi fishing bag as recommended to me not long ago on the forum. :good:

Great bit of kit other makes of fishing bag are just as good but aldi was cheap.

Go Outdoors have a sale on at the moment seen some on there that look just as good.

ATB figgy

I've got one of these Claymaster bag, it's made for the job and I'll carry around 200 carts, the centre section has a hard divider, so carts one side and 2 pairs of ear defenders and my skeet vest on the other, glasses (great zipped pocket in the top cover), chokes in one end pocket, gloves in the other - and the big side pocket takes the waterproof trousers....

Granted it isn't the cheapest - but very functional all the same.

Edited by Cosmicblue

Top Gun Bidwell bag

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/544b503595b2103867310559/Top+Gun+Bidwell+Bag/description/1//

You will find it much cheaper if you look around, really good quality bag, two big side pockets, internal pocket, insulated bottle holder, huge reinforced cartridge holder in the middle and very strong zips and strap it will hold 250+ carts

Edited by Ian E

Hi guys it,s time for a new cartridge bag as mine is starting to show it,s age. Any recomendations,i usually lug 150-175 cartridges round,couple pairs glasses,cap,chokes spare batteries for ear defenders,drink etc, so something with a bit of space and side pockets for all the bits and bobs.

Not sure I've ever shot clays and been more than 10 minutes from the car, usually much closer. Why carry so much stuff?

This question is just out of interest "Why do you carry 175 cartridges" around a shoot - is it a 150 birder? - that's a lot of weight for 100 birder. I carry 110 and hope I don't get 11 no birds.

Dave

I like to carry a bit of a mixture,9s,7.5s and 7s for long edgy birds just something i've always done plus i usually have couple go's on pool shoot and some of those are 20 or 25 birders find it easier to take them with me rather than walking back and forth to the car.

Hi

I picked up a womens dark brown leather shoulder bag on ebay for £12-50 obviously you have to be selective but the one iv'e got is great large centre bag area, a pocket covering the whole of one side, and loads of other pockets for shotgun cert, Chokes thermos etc. Sounds like a laugh but iv'e had it about 6 months now, and had lots of enquires about where I bought it from.No one person has guesses its true identity, and when I tell them the like the idea, and three or four of the other guys have them as well.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cartrige and game bag by Jack Pyke. If you want to hold all that stuff have a look at their game bags, they are a good piece of kit! :good::good:

I didn't get the Duotex design I got the normal but here is what it looks like none the less!

http://www.ecamo.co.uk/hunting-gear/hunting-bags-gun-slips-and-pouches/jack-pyke-game-bag-duotex.html

Edited by Beretta Italy