Shooting Method.

Spara Dritto

Which are your preferred shooting methods   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your prefered shooting methods?

• Maintained Lead?
    • Swing Through?
    • Pull Away?

For clays which are your preferred shooting Methods and why? (You can pick more than one).

I always try and do sustained lead for most of my shooting although, if the clay beats my barrels on the odd occasion I'll come through the bird. Saying this, on distant crossers, "swing through" seems to work better for me with shorter barrels as it allows me to speed up the swing a little and make it more steady!

What do you do?

Edited by Beretta Italy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BASC coaching list 3 styles of shooting.

1 Method

2 Smoke trail

3 Maintained lead

I shoot 1 and 2, depending on the target offered.

Gun up and gun down

1 eye open left handed

both eyes open right handed

I go to the gym twice a week to keep supple, and therefore do not get back ache picking up the clays I miss

Feeling of de ja vu here.....I have learnt to use them all & apply them on different target presentations.....maintained lead on a fast target & pull away on a long slow crosser for example. The more systems you learn, the more options you give yourself. There is no one perfect method, especially for ESP where the target presentation is only limited by the course setters imagination!!

I don't think that its as simple as picking a single method as (IMO) they all overlap to a certain extent....

For example a shot that is started with small maintained lead then the shooter pulls away at the very end if needs be :hmm:

It's all personal preference :yes:

on most of my shooting i use the away reverse lead method. its a simple technique to use on most clays you will come across and i perfected this method years ago on space invaders. when you see the clay, quickly judge its speed and trajectory. as the clay gets to the point you want to shoot it, jump behind the nearest wall and stick the gun out the side. as the clay gets to the killing point, hit the trigger and imediatly reverse back behind the wall. the speed with which you reverse back behind the wall is usually enough to get the correct amount of lead on a given target thus allowing for a clean kill.

:good::good::good:

there are many other methods but this one works for me. :yes:

I marvel at just how easily someone can rack up numerous postings about nothing.

The flawed pole misses the glaring option of shooting straight at the clay. For instance - a clay coming straight at you or going straight away.

I'm sure another thread will pop up with just as much deep meaning. can't wait. :lol: :lol: :lol::no: :no: :no::hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

on most of my shooting i use the away reverse lead method. its a simple technique to use on most clays you will come across and i perfected this method years ago on space invaders. when you see the clay, quickly judge its speed and trajectory. as the clay gets to the point you want to shoot it, jump behind the nearest wall and stick the gun out the side. as the clay gets to the killing point, hit the trigger and imediatly reverse back behind the wall. the speed with which you reverse back behind the wall is usually enough to get the correct amount of lead on a given target thus allowing for a clean kill.

:good::good::good:

there are many other methods but this one works for me. :yes:

Oh yeah, it's like that is it....you've never told me about this new fangled way of shooting. Keep all the best tips for yourself is it. :P:lol::lol:

Beretta Italy - We are still waiting for a response on your other thread. A cynic might think you were unable to answer. Me - I'm just waiting. :yes: :yes: :yes::good: :good: :good:

As you are bit of a know all, I thought you might have realised that my previous avatar was me on the front of the Shooting Weekly magazine from 1988.

Put up or shut up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

come on gordan, give the fella a chance, he does ask a lot of questions i know, and, eventually, he will ask a 'sensible' one thats worth answering :lol::lol::lol:

maybe :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: