Vehicle repainting

CZ550Kevlar

Do it yourself ?

Repaint the vehicle using a matt olive or nato Green, then when dry draw on the outline of random shapes and paint in with a Nato Black (matt black) for a typical Army DPM style ??

OR, are you looking for something much more complicated and probably expensive.

a while back I thought of having mine proffessionally done, got a quote from a mate of a mate in the buisness of just under a grand :no: (£1000)

as above, do it yourself, so far £26 for nato green paint, £4 for blackboard paint, hope to finish this afternoon

Image0512.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I`m going with the DIY option and starting with NATO Green then if I feel adventurous putting some black on to break it up abit, the paint does 10 square meters per litre so a 2.5 litre can to do a terios will be plenty.

However i have a big problem that only just sprung to mind, i have a driveway but no garage, how can i paint my car without getting insects and dust all over it???? it takes 4 - 6 hours to touch dry and 24 hours to fully harden, any ideas???

I got the stuff off eBay and it's touch dry in 10 mins and if you get dust or insects in it you can just flatten it once it has dried and you can't tell. I had it all planned. Got 5 ltrs off flea bay started to prep it, was gunna give it 3 coats and flatten each one off to achieve a perfect finish. Anyways my arm nearly fell off so I flicked off any loose or bubbly bits ( mines a :good:landy ) and slapped on one coat with a foam roller and a brush. It looks great and is so easy to touch up scratches. I only had a 1 inch brush and some areas are very tight to I thinned it down and took half a ltr to halfords who put it in an aerosol for me :D

Forgot to say

Less then 1 ltr per coat ( landy 110)

£8 per ltr from eBay

Won't fully cure until summer sun has baked it

Don't scrimp on the roller and brush

Don't be tempted to buy the satin finish use Matt

After light rub down use good quality solvent wipes to degrease and remove any dust especially around fuel filler cap

Good tips, i`ll go with the foam roller option as we have some laying around after the recent house repainting, dont mind a little bit of dust as the roller combined with Matt paint will mask most little bits of dust, it`s the big insects i`m worried about and knowing my luck a gust of wind covering it. however with the 10 minute touch dry stuff i stand half a chance.

forgive the daft question stubby,but what colour do you put down on your v5?

DAZ

simply green and black,

my mrs had her motorbike custom sprayed, and just changed her V5 to MULTI-COLOURED, and they were happy with that

Good tips, i`ll go with the foam roller option as we have some laying around after the recent house repainting, dont mind a little bit of dust as the roller combined with Matt paint will mask most little bits of dust, it`s the big insects i`m worried about and knowing my luck a gust of wind covering it. however with the 10 minute touch dry stuff i stand half a chance.

don't worry too much about insects but the cat that gets stuck to the bonnet could make for an interesting topic of conversation ;)