Make it stop

Blunderbuss

I'm no republican and I do honestly wish the Royal couple all the best, but........

The constant outpouring from TV and radio is doing my head in. The missus is in the kitchen making cakes and nibbles like a woman possessed, with Nicholas bloody Witchell blaring out of the telly, so she can sit glued to the telly tomorrow with my daughter and the next door neighbour.

Tomorrow, I shall mostly be riding motorbikes or shooting guns, as the mood takes me :) And I'm very grateful for the day off to do so (tugs forelock obsequiously) :good:

Your thoughts on the coverage? But not a Royal bashing thread, please - let's leave that for another day

Edited by Blunderbuss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The royals didn't show any interest in my wedding so why the heck should I stay in and get totally bored watching their wedding on telly? It might be different if they were directly in line for the throne but they aint. I will certainly be spending my day doing something much more constructive like some rabbit or corvid control!

To top it all the money it is costing (I believe it is said to be something around the twenty million mark) could well be spent on much better things like hospitals or education!

I should add that the wife feels exactly the same - For once we both agree on something! :good::good::good:

Edited by Frenchieboy

Thank Duncan, heading to Northampton with an experienced friend to 'get some feeling' for guns, cabinets and clothes... If the plan goes well that is :good:

Northampton Gun ? Good on price - not the biggest range by a long chalk, but not bad. Good service if they think you're gonna spend money.

Castle Ashby Gun Room are pretty good too. The usual guy pees me off a tad with his attempts at humour but he means no harm. Again, prices pretty good, if anything a bit ahead of Northampton Gun's in my experience.

How's the SGC coming along fella?

ATB

Duncan

To top it all the money it is costing (I believe it is said to be something around the twenty million mark) could well be spent on much better things like hospitals or education!

The majority of the costs will be for policing and security.

It cost nearly £10m to police the student protest/riot back in December, so £20m for looking after well over 600,000 people tomorrow is value for money in my book.

Of course that money could go into health or education, but you could argue that ANY major policing operational cost could be spent in that way.

Obviously we'd have to do away with all sporting events, marches, concerts etc. but I'm sure it could be done! <_<

Northampton Gun ? Good on price - not the biggest range by a long chalk, but not bad. Good service if they think you're gonna spend money.

Castle Ashby Gun Room are pretty good too. The usual guy pees me off a tad with his attempts at humour but he means no harm. Again, prices pretty good, if anything a bit ahead of Northampton Gun's in my experience.

How's the SGC coming along fella?

ATB

Duncan

Thanks Duncan - good to know thoughts. Northampton's further than Milton Keynes to me so don't know where my long term shop will be yet.

Had my FAO visit today, now waiting for a letter to pop through the door and need to source a cannot in the mean time so I can then set the final visit up. Bank holidays are therefore a mixed bag - nice to be off work but it's slowing the police down on my application! :oops:

Getting there though, nice to be making progress. Got another lesson booked on Saturday and testing a lincoln 12b, it's a RH tho so we'll see, I may shop around to buy a LH.

Anyway, that's my story of the week :-)

Back to the royal wedding...Can you imagine being the FAO that popped to check Wills cabinet?

Enjoy the long weekend :good:

Edited by JustJon

You too Jon - let me know when you're ready and we can go out and bag some birds n bunnies :D:good:

Thanks mate, appreciated! This weekends lesson is how to shoot from gun down - tried it for a few shots last weekend and shot **** so could be a tough lesson! As soon as I'm settled into my own gun I'll give you a shout and well have some sport - lunch or dinner on me. :good: