What second-hand over/ under?

Heyy all :) After flipping between a pcp and a new shotgun i have got heaps for advice and really thought hard about the futre and i can see i would get so much more use from a new shotgun. I currently have an old laurona s/s 20 bore and after using my dads new silver pigeon i seem hooked to over and unders. Also i can actually hit something with them! :blush: So what i would like to know really is what is a good second-hand over and under (12) my price range may very but £650 being the limit is about right. I would like steel proofing (so i dont have to get a new gun if a lead ban comes) and preferably a single trigger and multi-choke but those two arnt essential. I am sure there will be alot of varied awnsers but i dont know a whole lot on the o/u side or things. Thanks in advance, Matt ;)

post-26043-0-63707100-1305307117.jpg

This one, if it was good enough for this lady it must be good.

http://www.gunwatch.co.uk/guns/589-Beretta-Mod-S686-Special-Sporting-for-sale

atvb Paul.

Thats a beaty, dont know how many carts its had through it but then again, i am buying second hand so i have to expect a good gun to be used well. Telford is a bit of a treck and not sure i would like to post it not having mounted the gun. Might be in the local gunshop for a look soon mabey next weekend :) I will be working this harvest so could soon earn back a quater of the price for that gun (if i work hard :lol: ) Thanks evryone else, any other brads reccomended? What are Miroku and rizzinis like? Thanks again

Winchester 101 xtr is worth considering,am sure you could find a nice example for £650. :good:

http://www.gunwatch.co.uk/guns/24-Winchester-101-XTR-Lightweight-for-sale

Yep :good: and Miroku are very similar to browning (and very very good) might find a MK60/MK70 in your budget http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/110502173655904 looks ideal!

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/110512164349001

Are what i would be looking at.

Heyy all :) After flipping between a pcp and a new shotgun i have got heaps for advice and really thought hard about the futre and i can see i would get so much more use from a new shotgun. I currently have an old laurona s/s 20 bore and after using my dads new silver pigeon i seem hooked to over and unders. Also i can actually hit something with them! :blush: So what i would like to know really is what is a good second-hand over and under (12) my price range may very but £650 being the limit is about right. I would like steel proofing (so i dont have to get a new gun if a lead ban comes) and preferably a single trigger and multi-choke but those two arnt essential. I am sure there will be alot of varied awnsers but i dont know a whole lot on the o/u side or things. Thanks in advance, Matt ;)

Hi

Iv'e got a Beretta S686 Special its a great gun still tight seen very little use and I picked it up for £550 private sale, I think that I was lucky but it goes to show if you are patient and keep looking good guns are out there, personally I would stick to a good quality 2nd hand gun like Beretta, Browning, or Miruko they last for ever, and spares are available.

Mick the Miller

Thanks for the replies, beretta seems to be booming out atm and they are solid guns, although my dad has only had his new one a few months i think i have taken it out more than he has and it just such a thrill to shoot and hold, would be great if i could get my own beretta and mabey could just up my budget slughtly if i have some more work in store in summer (might have to opertunity to work for another farmer) so any more posts welcome and ill keep an eye out

This one, if it was good enough for this lady it must be good.

http://www.gunwatch.co.uk/guns/589-Beretta-Mod-S686-Special-Sporting-for-sale

atvb Paul.

The price looks good, could do with better pics to see more details, well worth requesting more info on it. The main thing though is make sure when getting a gun ensure that it fits you.

Another vote for a lanber from me. Very nice gun and a bargain at the prices they sell for 2nd hand. Do not buy a new one as you`ll loose money in depreciation on them. I find the lanber looks lovely - nice wood, nice solid quality feel to them. They are multichoke, have nice balance and I enjoy using mine whenever I get it out of the cabinet.