Best soldiers

oneshotkiller

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying their not , there has to be someone at the top though just wondered who people thought would be your best regiment !

If we are talking regiments, I could raise you a Corp,

Everyone knows the best Are Her Majesty's Corps of the Royal Engineers, you will have people from lesser corps like The Royal Artillary try to tell you they are best, but deep down everyone wants to be a mighty SAPPER.

Sits back and waits for the lesser corps to agree :lol:

I stand by my Gurkhas statement as a fighting soldier,but the most Victoria crosses are held by the Medical Corps, they even have people who were awarded a bar on their VC ( two vc's), it takes a lot of guts to go into battle to tend wounded, they have my utmost respect.

Soldiering covers lots of things and as has been said, Gurkhas are likely to be the best. :yes: My experiences with the Gurkhas has shown them to be quite adaptable, fierce, brave and scary. I have had the pleasure to work alongside them in the Falklands (many years ago), in Iraq and in Afghanistan. They always seem to be smiling so you don't really know what they are thinking. They played the enemy against us in an exercise once and even though most only come up to my chest, they were more scary than any tea towel wearer that I have looked at through my susat. :yp:

Edited by stripey999

to me it has to be the army cadets .

it has made so much differance to my boy in past 3 years . now at 16 he is head down with his exams knowing that he needs 3 c,s or above to go further into the college for mp cadets . his ultermate goal . to be a mp . being a regular seams 2nd best to him . bless .

shame more kids dont partake in cadets its turned mine round bigtime .

adi

to me it has to be the army cadets .

it has made so much differance to my boy in past 3 years . now at 16 he is head down with his exams knowing that he needs 3 c,s or above to go further into the college for mp cadets . his ultermate goal . to be a mp . being a regular seams 2nd best to him . bless .

shame more kids dont partake in cadets its turned mine round bigtime .

adi

give your boy my best adi, i hope he gets what he wants in life. shame there are not a lot more like him.

:good:

best regards joe.

If we are talking regiments, I could raise you a Corp,

Everyone knows the best Are Her Majesty's Corps of the Royal Engineers, you will have people from lesser corps like The Royal Artillary try to tell you they are best, but deep down everyone wants to be a mighty SAPPER.

Sits back and waits for the lesser corps to agree :lol:

1. It is the Corps of Royal Engineers, not "Corps of the Royal Engineers".

2. The Royal Regiment of Artillery is a Regiment, not a Corps. The clue is in the name.

3. It is Artillery, not Artillary.

If you are a Sapper then I think I have guessed why Her Maj has you digging holes and making mud pies for a living.

give your boy my best adi, i hope he gets what he wants in life. shame there are not a lot more like him.

:good:

best regards joe.

will do joe . thanks . the cadets really has made a proper person out of him . and best of all , my boots are always clean !

1. It is the Corps of Royal Engineers, not "Corps of the Royal Engineers".

2. The Royal Regiment of Artillery is a Regiment, not a Corps. The clue is in the name.

3. It is Artillery, not Artillary.

If you are a Sapper then I think I have guessed why Her Maj has you digging holes and making mud pies for a living.

Brilliant!!!!!! I joined the Gunners because I was deemed far too intelligent to be a sapper! :lol:

I've no hands on experience of the Army, but as an engineer, I go with Royal Engineers.

When I was an apprentice I worked with a supervisor who had been in the Royal Engineers for many years. I recall him saying that the Royal Engineers were probably the un sung heros of the British Army. He said that they were always amongst the first to go into any conflict, and almost always the last to leave.

Jacks dead now, but he had some interesting tales to tell.

webber