gun catching on vest

guinty1

A friend who has just started at sporting clays is complaining that the rubber butt plate on his gun is catching on his vest (leather panels) as he mounts the gun, spoiling his shot. He is looking for suggestions of anything he can put on the the gun which will stop this.I suggested he could put electrical insulation tape on it as that is what i have used in the past as a cheap and cheerful solution. No smart A*se replies please.

Thanks

A friend who has just started at sporting clays is complaining that the rubber butt plate on his gun is catching on his vest (leather panels) as he mounts the gun, spoiling his shot. He is looking for suggestions of anything he can put on the the gun which will stop this.I suggested he could put electrical insulation tape on it as that is what i have used in the past as a cheap and cheerful solution. No smart A*se replies please.

Thanks

i bit of sticky or black electrical tape stick it over the afected area job done as you suggested :good:

Edited by rimmie

Clear varnish or ladies clear nail varnish, the second option will need lots of coats as its not as tough as something like yatcht varnish.Also try to chamfer a slight edge off the butt plate or recoil pad. I have had to do this with all of my guns, being a lass.from Auntie.

Clear varnish or ladies clear nail varnish, the second option will need lots of coats as its not as tough as something like yatcht varnish.Also try to chamfer a slight edge off the butt plate or recoil pad. I have had to do this with all of my guns, being a lass.from Auntie.

Spot on :yes::good:

Paladin