changing a slot on fac

i have had my fac now 7 months and have 2 slots left for 17hmr and air rifle.

I have been give permission on some land for rabbits (22lr for them) but he also wants the fox and deer mainly munjac shot.

The land is cleared upto .270 so would be lookin at a .243 for this. Would i be able to swap the air rifle slot for this or would it be too powerful bearing in mind how long i have had my own cert.

I would be happy to have a mentor if needed

Get a couple of references from C/F vermin/deer shooters. Stick that in the post and ask for a 1for1 C/F.

If you provide decent references, there's little they can do to say no.

i go shooting with someone who has open license and the calibre but when i asked about an open ticket a right no for at least 5 years with letters etc but will ask and go from there

i go shooting with someone who has open license and the calibre but when i asked about an open ticket a right no for at least 5 years with letters etc but will ask and go from there

A C/F shouldn't mean you're allowed an open ticket.

Take it one step at a time and you'll more than likely get what you're after.

no sorry i meant when i asked about an open ticket they said not for 5 years so when i ask me now for a 1 to 1 for that would might say no due to my limited experiance

Experience has little to do with it, if you can prove a need and you're not prohibited (which obviously you're not as you already have a FAC) then you should apply.

You've got the land with deer on it and as long as it can be cleared for up to whatever calibre you go for (until you get an open cert) then I'd say go for it.

Edited by Colster

I was in exactly the same position, I had put the FAC air rifle slot on my license when getting my hmr slot to save money in the future. I called my FEO to ask what I needed to do to change this to 243. His reply was the calibre jump was to large and I would have to pay again, talked to BASC and they advised me that this was rubbish and you pay for the number of slots not calibre, of course you need to have good reason for the calibre. I was also told that they would not entertain the idea unless I had my DSC1. This is were you all start jumping up and down shouting :lol:

Well I did my DSC1, BASC told me to expect to get a mentoring condition as well, well I never had a mentoring condition on the 243 and six months later I had it opened. Be patient, don't believe all you hear, even from those you expect to know and always consult your shooting organisation when you have a problem :good:

Cost wise it would be a free 1 for 1, whether or not you'd get one though is a different matter

is there an actual ruling on this one? or are we dealing with the lotery system again? just wondering :hmm:

As Nickbeardo says it is a FREE 1-4-1.

It is a different matter altogether if they will allow the calibre requested! :yes::good:

I was in exactly the same position, I had put the FAC air rifle slot on my license when getting my hmr slot to save money in the future. I called my FEO to ask what I needed to do to change this to 243. His reply was the calibre jump was to large and I would have to pay again, talked to BASC and they advised me that this was rubbish and you pay for the number of slots not calibre, of course you need to have good reason for the calibre. I was also told that they would not entertain the idea unless I had my DSC1. This is were you all start jumping up and down shouting :lol:

Well I did my DSC1, BASC told me to expect to get a mentoring condition as well, well I never had a mentoring condition on the 243 and six months later I had it opened. Be patient, don't believe all you hear, even from those you expect to know and always consult your shooting organisation when you have a problem :good:

As you have found out, that is just another example of the appalling standard of Firearms Law knowledge of those that rule over us!

Experience has little to do with it, if you can prove a need and you're not prohibited (which obviously you're not as you already have a FAC) then you should apply.

You've got the land with deer on it and as long as it can be cleared for up to whatever calibre you go for (until you get an open cert) then I'd say go for it.

:yes::yes::good:

se i dont get all the bloody firearms lot makeing up rules as they go i got my fac at 18 for 22 17 and 223 and it was open ticket as soon as i got it ime now 20 and have 7 slots on my ticket up to the 270 estate rifle :blink: how can one force say slightly trigger happy me can have all this firepower and some one a lot older (their for wiser?!) like the op has to **** around trying to get rifle he realy does need?

ps getting permission with muntys on it you lucky ***

perhaps it's your accent, or they've sussed you out? seriously tho, don't rock the boat with them they know what they're doing, give it a while then ask again, be polite at all times but try not to chat the girl up on the end of the phone.

has leeds a foreign land accent the norfolk police cant understand then like an (imergrant) :yp: :lol::lol::lol: