Summer

Jim Sarakun

INSTALLING SUMMER....

███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.

Install delayed....please wait.

Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error:

Season not found. Season "Summer" cannot be located.

The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again later.

"In Britain, people traditionally say that the seasons begin about seven weeks earlier: spring begins on Candlemas (February 2), summer on May Day (May 1), autumn on Lammas (August 1), and winter on All Hallows (November 1). The Irish calendar is similar, but Spring begins on February 1"

I think Jim might be referring to the biblical style monsoon we got couple hours ago.I was driving home and my wipers couldnt keep up with the amount of rain comming down and at one point the traffic on the A14 almost came to a standstill because visiblity was about 10%.Strangely though-its hot sunshine now! :lol:

So when does it begin in your world then?

Always thought it was yesterday. I see the Met Office site they use 1st of June. So that's three different dates.

So, a quick Google (yeah I know!) for "official first day of summer UK" throws up more hits to support 21st June than anything else, but I am now somewhat unsure!

Well as Jim has pointed out it isn't exactly a vintage year, I guess it's more a state of mind than anything else, but to me the longest day is the halfway point of the yesr so well into summer.

We have had some our best weather in September in recent years, so who knows...

Summer solstace was yesterday,so daylight hours shorten from now until 21st(?)December,Winter solstace.Have no idea when the first day of Summer is,so am quite pleased to hear some reckon it's today!

When I was a kid(so long ago everything was in black and white)Summers lasted for donkeys years and we built hides from rectangular bales! :yes:

Imperfection, that was it exactly. Hossing down when I looked out the window prior to posting, so tried to download some summer, and failed miserably.

Just got back from Germany, and it was 23 degrees and hot hot hot, sun sun sun.

What really disheartens me is that from here on in the days get shorter, and my sandals, Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirt have not yet been worn here yet.

OK, I know what you are thinking, you're thinking what a style guru that man is.

Imperfection, that was it exactly. Hossing down when I looked out the window prior to posting, so tried to download some summer, and failed miserably.

Just got back from Germany, and it was 23 degrees and hot hot hot, sun sun sun.

What really disheartens me is that from here on in the days get shorter, and my sandals, Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian shirt have not yet been worn here yet.

OK, I know what you are thinking, you're thinking what a style guru that man is.

We've had it good for atleast 6 weeks Jim and we are the driest region in the UK afterall so this monsoon will be welcomed by farmers atleast.Never fear though,you can wear your neon bermuda shorts and equally bright shirt while shooting and should give the wildlife something to snigger about. ;)

lots of cloud bursts here in scummy kingslynn too! only problem is i've gotta work outside in the thick of it, stuck in a hole making shuttering, by the time i realise it's raining it's too late, it takes me almost a minute to get out of the damn pit, let alone the 100 yd dash to the site hut.

i truly hate my work sometimes :lol: