• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamping hares......... :rolleyes:

Taking hares at night

Under the Hares Act 1848 and Hares (Scotland) Act 1848 it is an offence for 'anyone to use any firearm or gun of any description at night for the purpose of killing game'. This is an additional offence to night poaching where game is being shot during the night, which begins one hour after sunset to one hour before sunrise. The Ground Game Act (as amended) and The Agricultural (Scotland) Act 1948 appear to override the prohibition on night shooting of hares by occupiers or persons authorised under the Acts.

Edited by dazza

You don't half post some **** pictures. If you're not showing off your quarry in a plastic tray on a curb you've used a candle to light up the scene.

Maybe there should be a new section as those examples can barely be called a picture let alone a sporting one.

I'm interested in the pictures and text (regardless of quality). If I wanted an English lesson I'd be looking on the TEFL website. If you're going to post on here, please make it something we want to see.

i know fellow never went to school always out rabbiting with dogs. a big golf course next to my school loads of rabbits on it when i was a kid so its wwhere i learned my skills **** school

Great background and memories to boot I am sure and still living the good life. Keep it up..:shoot: :shoot:

good shooting mate,as for grammar and stuff,its getting more and more like the bbs on here every dya,as for lamping hares ,perfectly legal.

England and Wales: it is lawful for the occupier of any land himself, or one other person authorised by him, to use firearms for the purpose of killing ground game at night if the occupier has the written authority of a person entitled to kill or take the ground game on their land e.g. holder of shooting rights. The following conditions apply:

No person should be authorised by the occupier to kill ground game except:

a) Members of his household resident on the land in his occupation

B) Persons in his ordinary service on such land e.g. employees

c) Any other person, bona fide employed by him for reward in taking and destruction of ground game. The keeping of ground game satisfies the requirements of reward in the absence of money.

Every person so authorised by the occupier, on demand by any other person having a concurrent right or any person so authorised by him in writing, must produce their written authority. In default, a person would not be deemed to be an ‘authorised person’.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-practice/lamping.cfm

Edited by codling99

good shooting mate,as for grammar and stuff,its getting more and more like the bbs on here every dya,as for lamping hares ,perfectly legal.

England and Wales: it is lawful for the occupier of any land himself, or one other person authorised by him, to use firearms for the purpose of killing ground game at night if the occupier has the written authority of a person entitled to kill or take the ground game on their land e.g. holder of shooting rights. The following conditions apply:

No person should be authorised by the occupier to kill ground game except:

a) Members of his household resident on the land in his occupation

B) Persons in his ordinary service on such land e.g. employees

c) Any other person, bona fide employed by him for reward in taking and destruction of ground game. The keeping of ground game satisfies the requirements of reward in the absence of money.

Every person so authorised by the occupier, on demand by any other person having a concurrent right or any person so authorised by him in writing, must produce their written authority. In default, a person would not be deemed to be an ‘authorised person’.thank you mate

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/codes-of-practice/lamping.cfm

Lamping hares......... :rolleyes:

Taking hares at night

Under the Hares Act 1848 and Hares (Scotland) Act 1848 it is an offence for 'anyone to use any firearm or gun of any description at night for the purpose of killing game'. This is an additional offence to night poaching where game is being shot during the night, which begins one hour after sunset to one hour before sunrise. The Ground Game Act (as amended) and The Agricultural (Scotland) Act 1948 appear to override the prohibition on night shooting of hares by occupiers or persons authorised under the Acts.

I dont think he was shooting in Scotland.

One hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise, you would still need a lamp to be able to see.

so how do people know he isn't under an exemption as listed there?

Where there are serious numbers lots of hares are shot at night perfectly legally.

hi bud just having a laugh at the armchair shooters. i used to drive at night on the land. about 3 years ago for the game keepers.shooting the hares. thay told me all the do's and dont's.the shoots have now packed in so i do it for the farmers.all i can shoot is rabbits. foxes.hares if i want to.corvids.pigeons.1 lets me shoot the deer