Hw100, day state huntsman or aa s510/410

Rabbitsnightmare

I personally prefer the Huntsman. Accuracy wise there is not much between them. The Huntsman is lighter, shoots smoother and the stocks are of a better quality. The HW100 on the other hand, the silcencer is far superior to that of the airstream on the Daystate and the extra weight in the stock helps with stability. The AA I have never really shot to give an accurate opinion.

Edited by durbsguy

I like my s410 classic, can't fault it but can't comment on the others. It kills it's accurate, feels nice and wasn't too pricey but they will all be better than the shooter is, it's just what name and price you have to pay, should think there all about the same quality s410 won air gun of the year twice I think, just down to you they will all be great and I've not heard alot of problems from any of the range. I would recommend a carbine if using for hunting tho. That's in .22 never experienced a .177 in any. Have a look and feel, you will no which you like when you pick them up

The HW 100 is without doubt the "BEST", whatever that may mean, but it is too heavy for me so it's a non starter in my book.

I had a single shot Huntsman, sold it well over 10 years ago so it probably bears little resemblance to the latest Huntsman, nice wood, awkward action and prone to rust, not that impressed.

Of your list the 410 would do for me if I changed now, I would have no need for the 510.

Fact is I would almost certainly get a Theoben though.

I have a Falcon at the moment, a bit over 10 years old and running FAC, it is VERY accurate, but most definately not the best build quality or rugged design, but it still works well enough for me!

:good:

Out the three there, there is no bad choice!

I can only say that I have an S410 and love it, I think they genuinely great guns.

I also have an HW100 and since getting it, I have only used the S410 when out with friends and I have lent them the HW100 (good manners and all that!).

I think it's the trigger that does it for me. The S410 has a great trigger, but the feeling of quality from the HW100 is difficult to match.

Good luck on what ever you go for.

daystate are cracking rifles but they are very pellet fussy in my experience,i dont like the AA pcp range much(and ive owned a s400 and s410) there springers are VERY good though if a little heavy.

My choice would defo be the hw100,amazing trigger like already said and deadly accurate,it is a little heavy though but if you do alot of shooting off the bipod like i do then that wont bother you at all and it is still a well balanced rifle.

Have you also taken a look at the bsa r10? cracking rifle.

Edited by flukeyluke

i have a hw100 and i like it. its the best gun i have ever had but every time i go in the gun shop i cant help picking up the huntsman and drooling. i think there electronic trigger and thats all whats putting me off. im sure if it was my gun i would forget to charge the trigger and it would break just after the waranty ran out.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for the comments

I have just thought of something else- i shoot left handed and i know the hw is side lever so will you be able to get that left handed

I tried all of. Them. Out at the midland game fair, i narrowed it. Down to the hw and daystate but the daystate has the edge still, i will be getting one for christmas so will it be any point having a look at tje daystate wolverine?

Thanks again for tge cpmments