Best fox call ?

Matt Gould

your hand mate its one of the best and its allways with you (sorry if you have no hands) .

i have also used the wham, tentterfield, and johny stewarts all with dead foxes at the end.

i think they will pay attention to most calls it just depends on the fox

:lol::lol: sorry, that cracked me up!!

Ring the changes, i carry three or more calls out foxing and have even called them with Duck and goose calls and pursed lips, i make my own calls and buy others. Always been tempted by a remote electonic caller but they are just to pricey. what you dont want to do is call the same way at the same place all the time :good: Never been able to use my hand to call personaly, perhaps i have the wrong type of hands (besides i need them both to shoot)

Oh when the opertunity arises actually listen carefully to the noises a wounded Rabbit, Hare etc actually make as i hear some people call and it sounds very unlike the real thing

I'm also new to calling foxes, started 3 weeks ago following a raid on our hens.

I ordered one of these (haven't mastered the hand call yet):

http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/about.php

I've found it to be an excellent call, 2 foxes called in to within 20 yards on the 1st night; they were dispatched with 36g BB cartridges (as recommended in a thread on this forum).

:lol::lol: sorry, that cracked me up!!

Me too - still I suppose there is a chance some handless/armless person may be reading it.

Although it would be difficult. Oh dear this is getting out of hand. Anyway, the comments are h armless. Sorry I'm going, bad taste again.

Apologies to anyone offended. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kes

your hand mate its one of the best and its allways with you (sorry if you have no hands) .

i have also used the wham, tentterfield, and johny stewarts all with dead foxes at the end.

i think they will pay attention to most calls it just depends on the fox

:lol::lol::lol: Andy you are such a n....ob.

at this time of year you want to try a high fox call like the wham, as cubs will be used to hearing the high pitch of young rabbits that the vixan has brought back to them. also try baiting a spot day in and day out and just sit up and wait.

there was a article years ago in airgunner mag showing how to make one for lifting rabbit heads up or calling in crows etc basicly made out of a elastic band and a couple bits of plastic i made one i still use it today and compared to some ive piad good money for over the years its as good as it gets the remote ones come into there own in certain situations

I don't think there is anyone that can say that one particular caller is better than another as most of them have their uses in certain circumstances. Carry a selection of 3 or 4 different ones but I would have to agree that the best (And the cheapest) to start with is the lips on the back of the hand with a piece of poly and a small mirror running a close second! After that it is a toss up over which one might work best on the night!

They're all good if they work at the time.As others have said,using your hand is the best in my opinion.Polystyrene on the window can be extremely loud on a still night and can attract a foxes attention from a long way off.Those squeeky things from the middle of squeeky toys have been known to work,but I'm not keen on the electronic ones as I think they can be very repetitive.Practise using your hand,you'l be amazed at the sounds you can make once you get the hang of it.