Which eye is dominant for you

person22

Which eye is dominant  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Left

• Right
    • Neither
    • I only have one eye

apprently im 'un-usual' because i dont have a dominant eye and im central, i just thought a poll would be interesting to see. i have to either close my left eye or which i prefer is to keep the gun down until right before i pull the trigger. itll be interesting to see, central is 1 in 10 apprently.

oh scrap this topic ive ### it up and cant correct it, did the poll wrong

My left eye is the dominant one. But I shoot with the right shoulder. During my clay pigeon shooting training the instructor wanted for me to shoot with the left shoulder because that is the side of my dominant eye. I refused because it always worked out for me with the right. Have never had any trouble shooting though.

I broke my leg once playing a rugby match, one week later i went shooting in a wheelchair, i shot over both shoulders :D , because in a wheelchair it's difficult to pull all the way through from side to side. Went pretty ok. We were in a party of four and i got the most hits. Even on the geese got some very nice left and rights ! :good: (can also be that my companions were a bit crappy :lol: )

When the shooting season begins i always go to shoot clay pigeons to get some pratice. Hate to see animals hurt because i am a bad shot and didn't put enough effort in my abbility to hit something.

I don't have a dominant eye either so we are both unusual. I shoot with both eyes open and can always see the clay, so when people say blot it out and shoot, I can't.

Still it works for me, I shot 48/50 on sunday at a local shoot. Although the clays wer easy as they had been set up for novices looking to start shooting. So I really need my A**E kicked for missing to springing teal.

Cheers

Martin

I always thought I was left eye but a coach recently discovered I was central. To cure my problem I now either close the left eye or use a pair of glasses with a 1cm round peice of tape on the left lense , to obscure the vision of the barrel sight. Works for me. :lol:

I always thought I was left eye but a coach recently discovered I was central. To cure my problem I now either close the left eye or use a pair of glasses with a 1cm round peice of tape on the left lense , to obscure the vision of the barrel sight. Works for me. :lol:

yeahhhhh, and i bet that looks just lurvely :D

yeahhhhh, and i bet that looks just lurvely :good:

and there's me thinking you were going to say about the eye in the back of the head you woman have :D

Axe, and others

This subject has been raised before, and I wrote at length then. I was left eye dominant, but shoot right handed.

I tried the lot, squinting, closing the eye, tape, jelly. A good gadget called magic dot. I spent a fortune on lessons with different coaches, all nice guys, but all preaching the same cermon.

A number of years ago, I came across a sight called uni-dot. I sent to America for one, and instantly transformed my shooting. I then equiped my other guns.

A few weeks ago I had occasion to purchase another, and was tempted by the Easyhit sight available in the UK. The sight looked very similar, and I was sure that it would do the job, and was about to order when I discovered its £30 price tag. I therefore visited www.uni-dot.com and around a week later received a sight for less than $23, thats some saving on such a small item.

If you are cross eye or central eye dominant I can 100% recommend the uni-dot sight for both results and value.

webber

Axe

Years ago, I bought one of the day/night sights, plus a std day sight. I also bought a hand full of the cyalume sticks to illuminate the night sight. The night sight works fine in daylight, so you only need the sticks for the night shooting. As I dont do much shotguning at night I have started to use the sticks for night fishing.

The latest one that I bought was for my Beretta Lioness, which is a very posh AL390 limited edition. It has a 6mm game rib, so I ordered uni-dot 109, which is a 100 series sight which clips into the rib, 4mm diameter rod. All the sights that I have bought are red.

I very nearly became the UK distributor for uni-dot a number of years ago, but then took seriously ill, so had to back away. I now find it hard to do a full day at work, and could not contemplate a part time job.

webber