gutting rabbits

shotgun_tommy

Ive seen it, and tried it, but wouldent do it as a regular thing, its ok if you have gone out and forgotten your knife, but only as a last resort, I found unless you had a tight grip like superman, then 9 times outta 10, the $hite bag bursts from squeezing, ok, for one rabbits, but if your doing 20 plus....yuck, heres how we do it.

Edited by stubby

I use both ways - one of the benefits of paunching (squeezing)is that there isn't an opening for the flies etc. to get to; I mainly use this in the warmer weather and gutting them when its colder and flies aren't a problem.

I agree about the superman grip but I lay them across my knee for the final squeeze and its a lot easier

G

I use both ways - one of the benefits of paunching (squeezing)is that there isn't an opening for the flies etc. to get to; I mainly use this in the warmer weather and gutting them when its colder and flies aren't a problem.

I agree about the superman grip but I lay them across my knee for the final squeeze and its a lot easier

G

Show me.

Ive seen it, and tried it, but wouldent do it as a regular thing, its ok if you have gone out and forgotten your knife, but only as a last resort, I found unless you had a tight grip like superman, then 9 times outta 10, the $hite bag bursts from squeezing, ok, for one rabbits, but if your doing 20 plus....yuck, heres how we do it.

:blink: that is quick.....think il try that next time :good:

OK, I've tried this, but to no avail :/

Any chance you can you do a step by step, please?

It's just so damned quick (and clean) I can't make out how you're grasping the chest/abdomen to be able to pull the innards in one go. Mine just ended up a right bloody mess.

I prefer the 'flick'

Open up the belly and hold the head in one hand and the back legs in another.

Swing downwards with some oomph and the guts will all come out.

That's what I do! :good:

If done properly you can gut each rabbit in well under 10 seconds and have much less weight to carry around!

I regularly shoot between 30 and a 100 rabbits a night and as shown in the video gutting rabbits in less than 4 secs is ideal. P.S..........I bet that fella in the video is a handsome brute. :hmm:

he is pat, I persume you mean the fella doing the videoing that is

OK, I've tried this, but to no avail :/

Any chance you can you do a step by step, please?

ok, kneel down, place one foot on head of rabbit, now pull the fur on chest area down towards tail, so its nice a taunt, with other hand holding "sharp" knife, make a slit/cut across the fur, grab hold of fur/skin and rip downwards, all your removing is fur and belly skin, so its quite easy to tear, hold rabbit up, two fingers around stomach and pull out

All ours go to game dealers,so are gutted immediately.Quick squeeze to empty bladder,pinch skin at sternum,nick skin,in with blade(gut hook is easier)straight down,two fingers up under liver and pull down and out.Takes longer to type it than it does to do it!Very quick.Mate was very good at the 'flick' technique,but once saw someone string themselves with intestines while trying it!

ok, kneel down, place one foot on head of rabbit, now pull the fur on chest area down towards tail, so its nice a taunt, with other hand holding "sharp" knife, make a slit/cut across the fur, grab hold of fur/skin and rip downwards, all your removing is fur and belly skin, so its quite easy to tear, hold rabbit up, two fingers around stomach and pull out

Thanks for that - I'll give it another go... :good: