Cleaning car leather seat

Dekers

Hi Guys/Gals

The drivers seat of my X-Trail is getting a little used and shiny, all the other leather seats are like new and have a VERY MATT finish.

Suggestions welcomed as to how I clean/nourish/restore the drivers seat and leave it with a MATT finish like all the others, so many leather cleaners/balms suggest they leave it shiny....NO NO NO....

Ok, the seats are all leather and black, but I suspect they are finished rather than natural so the same question, how is it restored as best as possible to leave a MATT finish.

I really don't think the seat is that dirty, perhaps it is, but whatever, I'm looking for ideas/cleaners that worked for you!

Cheers

You need to ask ME off here

he used to do that sort of thing

:shaun:

Yep, I was Autoglym trained so the product that Imperfection suggested would be my choice.

The leather goes shiny through wear so your wont remove that with any products.

I use my wifes horse saddle cleaner. It is a product called Mr JoJo by URAD. Search on ebay you will find it.

I have used loads of products before this and this is the only one I have used that drys Matt and doesnt make the seats more shiny.

Dont use the Auto Glymm stuff unless you want all your seats cracked and shiny, it is rubbish.

Use genuine natural leather cleaner such as the Urad product or saddle soap; let it soak in a bit and then polish off

Dont use the Auto Glymm stuff unless you want all your seats cracked and shiny, it is rubbish.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If that was the case then Autoglym would have been sued and be out of business by now.

Of course using products for saddles on car seats - which have different use and are made out of different leather....yeah....that makes perfect sense!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ME

I used to be into furniture making and do all the leather cushions etc,the only thing we ever used was leafood.

Recently totaly refinished my leather sofas with a 'leather repair kit',google it !,the product and the prep stuff was brilliant,could of sold it as new :lol:

ps,the company were in the west country and very helpfull.