carbon buildup on semi mag tube

rangey

does anyone out there know of a good product that will remove the caked on carbon on the magazine tube of a semi auto shotgun.most of the muck comes of with a good wipe but theres always a ring of stubborn stuff that i can only remove with wirewool.even after after only a few dozen shells :blink:

does anyone out there know of a good product that will remove the caked on carbon on the magazine tube of a semi auto shotgun.most of the muck comes of with a good wipe but theres always a ring of stubborn stuff that i can only remove with wirewool.even after after only a few dozen shells :blink:

Hi Rangey.

I use ....Brasso metal polishing wadding followed by a thin coating of synthetic motor cycle engine oil.

All I've ever used on cleaning my semi's is a can of spray break cleaner - it's loosen and clean off any amount of carbon and if it's really tough and difficult to get off use a red fibre Scotch pad like those use to pre clean before you paint, just flush until it runs clean and then in 2/3 mins it'll evaporate dry ready for oilin :good:

Edited by P~MX

You dont have to use any a wire wool and abrasives just spit on a ordinary match and rub it on the carbon ring and it will just dissolve, you might use 2-3 matches then just wipe off and oil as normal, standard army cleaning method for the gas plug on a L1A1 SLR.

Happy days

Alan