Dale farm documentory

gixer1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't watch it ( too frightened I damage the TV ), I can just imagine the angle the BBC viewed it from.

and the latest from Dale Farm, they placed some bats in an old caravan so that's another hold up and cost to the tax payers.

Edited by 88b

The programs line was the men didn't want to appear in the program and have their identities revealed because it would affect their chances of getting a job...........yeah right, nothing to do with the fact they may get recognised because of some of their other "activities" then :angry:

The programs line was the men didn't want to appear in the program and have their identities revealed because it would affect their chances of getting a job...........yeah right, nothing to do with the fact they may get recognised because of some of their other "activities" then :angry:

Exactly,I thought that at the time. Work? they don't know the meaning of the word. Conning more like.

I didn't have a bit of sympathy for any of them,break the law and pay the price,it happens to everyone else,so why not them? :angry:

Alan :no:

Some people on here are so cynical. Remember that the ladies of Dale Farm walked out with dignity. They could hardly do that if their men folk were around. These travellers are notoriously shy to avoid recognition for all the good deeds that they do. I mean, many of them spend hours of their own time and gallons of diesel driving around Old Folks estates checking their roofs and offering to prevent problems before they happen. Others voluntarily tidy up the unsightly orange gas cylinders left on on motorways by thoughtless workmen. You just don't understand :rolleyes:

Sat & watched it last night, I agree with all that's said, but have to say I think the Police went way overboard with the Tazors.

The second clip with the copper threatening everyone to get back, his behaviour was bordering psychotic.

How can you say it was over the top when it was ok for the Idiot protesters which it was nothing to do with them to throw things at the police doing there job

How can you say it was over the top when it was ok for the Idiot protesters which it was nothing to do with them to throw things at the police doing there job

Like cracking a nut with a sledge hammer...!!!!!

GGG, I'm not on the *****'s side if that's what your thinking :blink: but Tazors IMO were a way over the top.. :yes:

Like cracking a nut with a sledge hammer...!!!!!

GGG, I'm not on the *****'s side if that's what your thinking :blink: but Tazors IMO were a way over the top.. :yes:

BJ, I don't think it was OTT, i wouldn't fancy getting a plank of wood smashed into my face,or clouted with a brick. :angry::no:

Alan

I must say that i found it all very funny :lol: , The travellers all crying and mopeing about feeling all hard done by and as if they were being treated like dogs, complaining that it was their homes that were getting destroyed, homes that should not have been there in the first place!!! :mad::mad:

Absolutly no sympathy what so ever they dont pay taxes and most are theiving scum glad to see them evicted :bye2: .

Only problem is that now they are somebody elses problem to deal with :crazy:

Its amazing how with out earning any money or paying any taxes they can afford new looking lexus's & toyota's.

Can't believe the posters saying tazers where overkill !

Conversation in my house went last night concluded mortars would be overkill because some dogs might get harmed! :lol::hmm:

Using a tazer is,in terms of threat level and pre-planning, the last line before shooting someone and will have caused a shed load of paper shuffling after the event to justify it. It makes me puke that someone can sit in the safety of their home and whinge about over the top tactics - try having a 6' scaffold pole rammed over your head or a plank of wood - beleive me the Nato helmets the police are issued with are great at stopping tennis balls in riot training but not much good against real world weapons. That officer was completely justified, in my opinion and that is all it is, in tazering the soapy. All you see on tv is a few seconds, we have no idea about what threats etc occured prior to the trigger being pulled. It ended without any long or even medium term injury to either the soapy or the officer(s) so a job well done.

BJ, I don't think it was OTT, i wouldn't fancy getting a plank of wood smashed into my face,or clouted with a brick. :angry::no:

Alan

i agree - the halfwit stood with face covered holding a large stake of wood out at the police totally deserved it. the rent a mob bunch who turn up at every possible event to protest really get on my wick; most of them with accents they didnt pick up at the local comprehensive either. perhaps they should invite the residents of dale farm to camp on daddys grass ?

I'm all for a bit of tazer action in those circumstances.

If someone's wanting to do you harm, but are too far away for a baton strike, then I think it's fully justified.

I would suspect seeing the red dot hovering over your chest would be enough of a deterrent, and 'persuade' most people to back away.

All you see on tv is a few seconds, we have no idea about what threats etc occured prior to the trigger being pulled

Just watched that bit again....maybe should have made myself a bit more clearer... :yes:

The clip in question, (the one I'm on about) the Psychotic one shouting through the fence, Three camera men, & ONE WOMEN with a piece of paper in front of him... :rolleyes: ...now tell me were the 6' scaffold pole is, & the plank of wood..???

Just watched that bit again....maybe should have made myself a bit more clearer... :yes:

The clip in question, (the one I'm on about) the Psychotic one shouting through the fence, Three camera men, & ONE WOMEN with a piece of paper in front of him... :rolleyes: ...now tell me were the 6' scaffold pole is, & the plank of wood..???

There may not have been scaffold poles and planks of wood in shot at the time, but it was clear from earlier footage that they had been used.

If the police had simply stopped once the immediate threat had retreated they would have been in a stand-off situation, allowing the 'activists' to regroup and rearm themselves. Far better to move forward aggressively and keep them on the back foot.

Joe

I have to agree with you, in that particular clip the threatening use of a taser seemed to me to be way over the top and not what I understood the use of tasers was for. I would hate to think this type of usage became widespread and was used to move demonstrators and crowds as a matter of course.

I witnessed first hand the bully boy tactics of the police during the peaceful pro hunting rally in London and I have no doubt that if this trend in the use of tasers is not nipped in the bud such use will become commonplace at any demonstration weather peaceful or not.

Edited by CharlieT

Maybe so PT, I'm not doubting that...if you read my post above ie; (the clip I'm on about) 3 camera men, & 1 women, this is what I'm on about.

The clip of the woman tacking notes? :hmm: What we can`t see is what the police are being threatened with outside the camera view and how many people are there.I still agree with the police action and think the done a good job and get my full support :good::good::yes:

To a certain extent I don't see what the travellers are complaining about. They want to keep their roots and remain mobile but have massive prefab chalets which are anything but and don't want to move from where they've been for the last 10yrs. Just buy a house and be done with it!