A stupid question can you eat a squirrel

Fat toad

You certainly can and very tasty too by all accounts ,not tried it myself but would guess it can be cooked anyway you like if I was having some I think I would knock a stew up.

Have a look at the recipe section there are several there :good:

Edited by fenboy

You certainly can and very tasty too by all accounts ,not tried it myself but would guess it can be cooked anyway you like if I was having some I think I would knock a stew up.

Have a look at the recipe section there are several there :good:

Yes I will have a look stew sounds great I surpose you must slow cook them should be nice and tender thanks for post

They do taste nice , use the meat in a casserole see what you think , my missis didnt even know what it was , and still dosen't :good:

:lol: brilliant.

There are no end of squirrels in the tree next to my back garden atm, but my missus wont let me shoot them. I did see a vid of someone skinning one once and it looked like really hard work compared to skinning a rabbit, and not as much meat on it.

:lol: brilliant.

There are no end of squirrels in the tree next to my back garden atm, but my missus wont let me shoot them. I did see a vid of someone skinning one once and it looked like really hard work compared to skinning a rabbit, and not as much meat on it.

Tell her they are a goddam pest and shoot them all! Was reading an article in the latest BASC magazine where they reckon the reds will be extinct within 20 years if we don't do something serious to get the number of greys down.

Been doing my bit; shot all the ones in the garden at my new place, "er indoors" moaned at me until I showed her the plums they had knocked orf the tree. :good: :good:

Tell her they are a goddam pest and shoot them all! Was reading an article in the latest BASC magazine where they reckon the reds will be extinct within 20 years if we don't do something serious to get the number of greys down.

Been doing my bit; shot all the ones in the garden at my new place, "er indoors" moaned at me until I showed her the plums they had knocked orf the tree. :good: :good:

Yeah my missus seems to have a real thing about me shooting things these days, so I have to do it on the quiet. Before we moved in, id have massive saucepans on the go boiling up rabbits most weekends, but now unfortuantely no longer allowed.

I did manage to shoot of of the squizzers the other day however, after it had chewed through half of one of my bird feeders. Kept that well quiet from the missus tho.