Disney land paris

samyw

I think it's great. You even forget that it is in France.

If you are staying at one of the nearby hotels (The Disneyland Palace or the New York) then pop back for a chill out/swim mid-afternoon for a break.

The wild west show/dinner is fun.

Those friendly, smiley Frogs REALLY pull off the "have a nice day" stuff.

The weather is on par with its poor cousin in Florida, so pack your suncream.

The queue to book into our hotel wasn't twenty people deep and the staff weren't at all unhelpful or unapologetic - those Frogs REALLY go the extra mile!

The French cooked American food is both authentic and very reasonably priced.

None of the mainly French visitors try to queue jump or smell of body odour or garlic.

They never overfill the place - so the queues are nearly non existent.

None of the rides breakdown (particularly the Toy Story one) so you will never queue for an hour only to be told to go away and come back later.

To help the cultural development of their foreign visitors they have decided that all the videos and announcements should be in French, which makes it both educational and not at all boring for the kids.

Enjoy :good:

I took my Son many moons ago and a lot of the rides were closed so a bit of a damp squib. Went into Paris for a spot of sight seeing and the Eifel tower had Graffiti on it and the banks of the Seine were strewn with beer cans ant more Graffiti. St Peters was nice as was the park at the Eifel tower the gardens were in full bloom and very vibrant.

I found a few of the locals anti british rude and arrogant :sly:

Still it was nice to spend time in a Foreign country and sampling their culture.

I am sure you will find a lot to enjoy just look beyond the small problems....

The wild west show/dinner is fun.

We pre-ordered drinks and food there, which OBVIOUSLY the ol' garlic munchers managed to completely cock up.

It was such a shambles that I told the manager how "MERDE" he and his staff were.

The kids thought it was "well exciting" when all the security came over and threatened to kick us out :lol:

Edited by ME

We pre-ordered drinks and food there, which OBVIOUSLY the ol' garlic munchers managed to completely cock up.

It was such a shambles that I lost my rag and told the manager how "MERDE" it was.

The kids thought it was "well exciting" when all the security came over and threatened to kick us out :lol:

You obviously had a bad experience. I went twice in 2010 (once in true summer and once in the winter when it was snowing which you can't get in Florida) and it really wasn't that bad.

I never experienced any of the things that you said never happen either.

Florida is of course good and a lot more choice but you can't really go for the weekend unless you are very hardy.

NO, but I took the family to Euro Disney (same place) about a year after it opened.

It was stupid expensive and was only an acceptable experience.

I understand it has changed a lot since then, must have been about 18 years ago, and is supposed to be a much better package these days.

You obviously had a bad experience. I went twice in 2010 (once in true summer and once in the winter when it was snowing which you can't get in Florida) and it really wasn't that bad.

I never experienced any of the things that you said never happen either.

Florida is of course good and a lot more choice but you can't really go for the weekend unless you are very hardy.

We went for Christmas about 5 years ago.

The kids had a good time and that's what it's all about.

The OP is from Lancs - so it will be positively balmy in Paris in comparison :lol: :lol:

I still can't understand why they put Euro Disney with the French and not with one of the friendlier, warmer southern European countries. The Frogs probably passed the largest brown envelope.

at about £320 for 4 of us it bloody well should have been.

With you there brother :good: All that dosh for a rock hard wooden seat too. My youngest also had his cowboy hat stolen off his head in the crowds on the way out <_<

Mrs ME said that the ladies toilets in Disneyland Paris were disgusting and many of the toilet seats had footprints on them - as some other cultures prefer to squat to go rather than sit.

As you can tell, we didn't like Disneyland Paris and we vowed to never go back.

Got to be honest, I couldn't bear going anywhere near anything to do with Disney and have made a determined effort to divert both of my lad's attention from anything to do with them.

My advice, take a couple of big traps with you and nail the verminous ********!!

Seriously though, hope you have a great time, just not my mad hatters tea party :D

Got to be honest, I couldn't bear going anywhere near anything to do with Disney

The one in Florida is very good. The Yanks are good at customer service and it wasn't as painfully cheesey as I thought it was going to be.

OK it is just one big corporate cash cow, but it is immaculately clean and the staff are happy and friendly. Many of the staff are "snowbirds" i.e. retired people that live in Florida during the winter months. These mature folk genuinely love working there and are great with the kids.

Has any one ever been to Disney land Paris or Paris if so what's it like I go Friday until Monday thanks

bit jaded im afraid travelled 16 hrs thu the nite on a stage coach to watch my niece dance ,got there at 7am and couldnt get in our room till 12 but we could take a communal shwer with the children and other parents ! wet wipes alround ,if you can imagine the london underground in rush hour on a friday thats what the transport was like and than they ram another hotels worth of people in !!! great food if you like hot dogs or burgers,basically three meal deal things ,burger fries drink n pudding effort nearly 60 euros!!!!! didnt get to go on the rides because of the dance show which my niece was in for a whole three mins!!!!!!!!!!!!! sh.thole people unbeleivable bad mannered couldnt wait for 7am sunday to start my journey home,lovely place tho just like a cartoon shame its full of frenchies good luck hope you have a better time than i did ,my highlight was seeing three roe deer on the m40 on the way down ,good luck you will need it ,oh yeah dont bother trying to get a pint in there with out a meal you got more chance of seeing her majs vaj........

As has been said, the food is atrocious and ridiculously priced. There's a place about 5 minutes drive south of the park that is like a pedestrian area with a lot of reasonable restaurants. I think its called Le Valee shopping village. I can't remember exactly but it looks the most likely place on Google maps. We took sandwiches into the parks and ate out after we left it in the evening.

I'll offer a different perspective. I've been twice, once in November 9 years ago and once in October 2 years ago. 2 years ago we went for my Daughters 5th birthday and we had an absolutely brilliant time. It is VERY expensive, but just be prepared for it and you'll be fine. Food is off the scale price wise and isn't 3 star restaurant standard, but it's fine. Just go to planet hollywood or the rainforest cafe for the experience. There is a mcdonalds there and although it is rammed, it's relatively inexpensive. I would say stuff yourselves at brekkie, have a light lunch and have a decent tea.

Children on the continent are raised differently to children here. The parents aren't much better behaved. That's how it is so deal with it. If some kid is being a little shizer, do the British thing and give him a crafty dig when his parents aren't looking.

I had no problems with the rides and as my children were 5 and 1 at the time, we only wanted to go on a few, although my daughter went on big thunder mountain.

Go to the studios as the parade there is really good.

My kids loved it and we will go back again when my little boy is old enough to really understand what is going on. We flew there and had a really good experience on the flights and transfer. Have a good time.

We went 3 months ago for a weekend.

The weather was sweltering, so we ended up spending a small fortune on drinks at 2.50 Euros a pop. Somebody told us later that they took a bottle of water each, and filled it up at the drinking stations, which are dotted-around the place.

The Wild West Show is very good, but very expensive, and not much good if you have any allergies, what with all the dust kicked-up by the horses. Good night, though.

We stayed at the New York hotel. Rooms very nice and spacious. A tip would be to walk through the Disney Hotel foyer, as that's where lots of the characters tend to go to give autographs, photo ops, etc.

Good rides:

Tower of Terror (Drop ride)

Aerosmith

Nemo turtle ride (Really!)

Indiana Jones

The Fire mountain one.

Space Mountain is good, but batters the head about!

Bad ones: Star Wars (just rubbish!)