Lead No. 3's what do you use them for??

HARRIS

Been given a couple by a freind who homeloaded them but i dont really know what to use them for? And it made me curious as you see them on sale but i have never heard of them being used. Obviously the steel no3's are used for wildfowling just not ever heard about lead no3's being used :hmm:

Ive used 3s for a long time now because when you stand forward most shoots are less than thirty yards in woodland. BB's were always the shot size of choice for most of the people that stood but 3s have an awful lot more pellets and give a better pattern. Just depends on where youre standing and how you take them. 3s chop them down well but I usually have a bb in LH barrel in case charley comes out a bit further away or the next gun misses and you get one come past at a high rate of knots.

PS to OP 3's used to be used for wildfowling before non tox

Edited by fortune

Nothing wrong with homeloads but the only thing to concern your self about is the makeup of these cartridges!

If you know this person that made them and you are satisfied that they have been made to a good standard with the correct components.

Donated reloads are a bit like donated underwear. You don’t know the history!!

Nothing wrong with homeloads but the only thing to concern your self about is the makeup of these cartridges!

If you know this person that made them and you are satisfied that they have been made to a good standard with the correct components.

Donated reloads are a bit like donated underwear. You don’t know the history!!

Yeah I can see what you mean but i trust him so thats not really a problem, thanks for the advice though :good:

Will be sure to let you know how they perform :yes: